I just bought IFW a couple days ago. I've been wrestling with an option in the Task Scheduler and can't figure it out.
I'm in Windows 7 x64, fully patched.
I set a recurring Full backup to occur at 9:00 AM.
The computer is turned on every day after 10:00 AM.
But the IFW backup does not run.
I want IFW to run after the first boot after 9:00 AM, and not after every boot.
In Task Scheduler ('Settings' tab) I see "run task as soon as possible ..." (RTASAP) in the Task Sched options, but it's greyed out.
I think that would fix my issue, but how can I un-grey the option so I can click it?
I tried, instead, to create the whole entry manually in Task Sched, so I can click RTASAP, but it's a huge pain to know all the other options match the IFW-created entry (because I don't know what half of them even mean). I tried to export the task from Task Sched, edit, and import it back, and the import loads up, but I still can't click the RTASAP checkbox. I might be able to add the option manually to the XML file before I re-import it, but I don't know what the option is, and that's getting to be a little bit too much of a workaround for a simple checkbox that's probably in IFW somewhere.
I tried shutting off my firewall and anti-virus but still cannot check the RTASAP box in Task Sched. I tried searching Google and this forum, but can't find the answer. Maybe I don't know the right words to search for. Any idea?
Instead of checking RTASAP in Task Sched, can I set RTASAP in IFW when I'm setting up the scheduled backup?
thanks
Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sch...
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
teraqui,
I'm using Win8 and this works for me...
Let's say your batch file for the above is full.cmd (or full.bat)
Open Task Scheduler and click Task Scheduler Library on the left and Create Basic Task on the right.
Name ... Full image
Daily, weekly, whatever
Time
Start a Program
Browse to full.cmd or full.bat
Put a tick in Open the Properties dialog for....
Finish
Tick in Run with highest privileges
Configure for Windows 8
Conditions tab, put a tick in Wake the computer to run this task
Setup tab, Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed
Click OK
I'm using Win8 and this works for me...
Let's say your batch file for the above is full.cmd (or full.bat)
Open Task Scheduler and click Task Scheduler Library on the left and Create Basic Task on the right.
Name ... Full image
Daily, weekly, whatever
Time
Start a Program
Browse to full.cmd or full.bat
Put a tick in Open the Properties dialog for....
Finish
Tick in Run with highest privileges
Configure for Windows 8
Conditions tab, put a tick in Wake the computer to run this task
Setup tab, Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed
Click OK
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
So you are saying you put the whole command and all the options, like below in a one line batch file and run it from Task Sched?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um /d:w0@0x1 /f:"J:\i7-CC\Terabyte - Alternate Sundays - A" /v /enc:3
Well, okay, but that's pretty primitive, or 'hack'ey. I mean IFW creates the whole task in Task Sched, why can't I simply tick the box and be done? Or why isn't it already ticked or at least giving me the option when I define the task in IFW? I tried Macrium's scheduler and it puts an entry in Task Sched with the RTASAP box checked already, and I can check/uncheck their box (it's not greyed out). Why can't I check IFW's task's RTASAP box?
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um /d:w0@0x1 /f:"J:\i7-CC\Terabyte - Alternate Sundays - A" /v /enc:3
Well, okay, but that's pretty primitive, or 'hack'ey. I mean IFW creates the whole task in Task Sched, why can't I simply tick the box and be done? Or why isn't it already ticked or at least giving me the option when I define the task in IFW? I tried Macrium's scheduler and it puts an entry in Task Sched with the RTASAP box checked already, and I can check/uncheck their box (it's not greyed out). Why can't I check IFW's task's RTASAP box?
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 17:29:00 PDT, teraqui wrote:
>So you are saying you put the whole command and all the options, like below in a one line batch file and run it from Task Sched?
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um /d:w0@0x1 /f:"J:\i7-CC\Terabyte - Alternate Sundays - A" /v /enc:3
>
>Well, okay, but that's pretty primitive, or 'hack'ey. I mean IFW creates the whole task in Task Sched, why can't I simply tick the box and be done? Or why isn't it already ticked or at least giving me the option when I define the task in IFW? I tried Macrium's scheduler and it puts an entry in Task Sched with the RTASAP box checked already, and I can check/uncheck their box (it's not greyed out). Why can't I check IFW's task's RTASAP box?
>
Are you right-clicking 'system tasks' and selecting 'run as
administrator'?
Are you running as the same Windows user that was used to install IFW?
>So you are saying you put the whole command and all the options, like below in a one line batch file and run it from Task Sched?
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe" /b /uy /um /d:w0@0x1 /f:"J:\i7-CC\Terabyte - Alternate Sundays - A" /v /enc:3
>
>Well, okay, but that's pretty primitive, or 'hack'ey. I mean IFW creates the whole task in Task Sched, why can't I simply tick the box and be done? Or why isn't it already ticked or at least giving me the option when I define the task in IFW? I tried Macrium's scheduler and it puts an entry in Task Sched with the RTASAP box checked already, and I can check/uncheck their box (it's not greyed out). Why can't I check IFW's task's RTASAP box?
>
Are you right-clicking 'system tasks' and selecting 'run as
administrator'?
Are you running as the same Windows user that was used to install IFW?
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
teraqui wrote:
> So you are saying you put the whole command and all the options, like below
> in a one line batch file and run it from Task Sched?
No, my batch file is much more complicated.
> So you are saying you put the whole command and all the options, like below
> in a one line batch file and run it from Task Sched?
No, my batch file is much more complicated.
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
TAC109 wrote:
>
> Are you right-clicking 'system tasks' and selecting 'run as
> administrator'?
>
> Are you running as the same Windows user that was used to install IFW?
For install, I usually try to double-click the app. Sometimes, they install, sometimes they just sit there staring at me, so I right-click and "run as administrator". I don't remember what IFW did. But yes, I am the same user that installed it. I use only one user on this PC. I am a member of administrators.
I don't see "system tasks". I tried right-clicking on "Task Scheduler" "run as administrator" and it didn't help. Where is "system tasks"?
Google results say that's a trojan. ???
So, I tried just exporting and adding
<StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable> under <settings>
and importing,
but I gave me an error about StartWhenAvailable not being valid.
Any other ideas?
thanks
>
> Are you right-clicking 'system tasks' and selecting 'run as
> administrator'?
>
> Are you running as the same Windows user that was used to install IFW?
For install, I usually try to double-click the app. Sometimes, they install, sometimes they just sit there staring at me, so I right-click and "run as administrator". I don't remember what IFW did. But yes, I am the same user that installed it. I use only one user on this PC. I am a member of administrators.
I don't see "system tasks". I tried right-clicking on "Task Scheduler" "run as administrator" and it didn't help. Where is "system tasks"?
Google results say that's a trojan. ???
So, I tried just exporting and adding
<StartWhenAvailable>true</StartWhenAvailable> under <settings>
and importing,
but I gave me an error about StartWhenAvailable not being valid.
Any other ideas?
thanks
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sc
On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:59:06 PDT, teraqui wrote:
>I don't see "system tasks". I tried right-clicking on "Task Scheduler" "run as administrator" and it didn't help. Where is "system tasks"?
Sorry, I meant to write 'task scheduler'.
>I don't see "system tasks". I tried right-clicking on "Task Scheduler" "run as administrator" and it didn't help. Where is "system tasks"?
Sorry, I meant to write 'task scheduler'.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Task Scheduler - Run Task As Soon As Possible After A Sch...
Go to the task scheduler, click on task scheduler library, find the task and
right click, properties, on the general page, change the "Configure for:" to
be Windows 7, then go to settings and the checkbox will be available.
"teraqui" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I just bought IFW a couple days ago. I've been wrestling with an option in
the Task Scheduler and can't figure it out.
I'm in Windows 7 x64, fully patched.
I set a recurring Full backup to occur at 9:00 AM.
The computer is turned on every day after 10:00 AM.
But the IFW backup does not run.
I want IFW to run after the first boot after 9:00 AM, and not after every
boot.
In Task Scheduler ('Settings' tab) I see "run task as soon as possible ..."
(RTASAP) in the Task Sched options, but it's greyed out.
I think that would fix my issue, but how can I un-grey the option so I can
click it?
I tried, instead, to create the whole entry manually in Task Sched, so I can
click RTASAP, but it's a huge pain to know all the other options match the
IFW-created entry (because I don't know what half of them even mean). I
tried to export the task from Task Sched, edit, and import it back, and the
import loads up, but I still can't click the RTASAP checkbox. I might be
able to add the option manually to the XML file before I re-import it, but I
don't know what the option is, and that's getting to be a little bit too
much of a workaround for a simple checkbox that's probably in IFW somewhere.
I tried shutting off my firewall and anti-virus but still cannot check the
RTASAP box in Task Sched. I tried searching Google and this forum, but
can't find the answer. Maybe I don't know the right words to search for.
Any idea?
Instead of checking RTASAP in Task Sched, can I set RTASAP in IFW when I'm
setting up the scheduled backup?
thanks
right click, properties, on the general page, change the "Configure for:" to
be Windows 7, then go to settings and the checkbox will be available.
"teraqui" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I just bought IFW a couple days ago. I've been wrestling with an option in
the Task Scheduler and can't figure it out.
I'm in Windows 7 x64, fully patched.
I set a recurring Full backup to occur at 9:00 AM.
The computer is turned on every day after 10:00 AM.
But the IFW backup does not run.
I want IFW to run after the first boot after 9:00 AM, and not after every
boot.
In Task Scheduler ('Settings' tab) I see "run task as soon as possible ..."
(RTASAP) in the Task Sched options, but it's greyed out.
I think that would fix my issue, but how can I un-grey the option so I can
click it?
I tried, instead, to create the whole entry manually in Task Sched, so I can
click RTASAP, but it's a huge pain to know all the other options match the
IFW-created entry (because I don't know what half of them even mean). I
tried to export the task from Task Sched, edit, and import it back, and the
import loads up, but I still can't click the RTASAP checkbox. I might be
able to add the option manually to the XML file before I re-import it, but I
don't know what the option is, and that's getting to be a little bit too
much of a workaround for a simple checkbox that's probably in IFW somewhere.
I tried shutting off my firewall and anti-virus but still cannot check the
RTASAP box in Task Sched. I tried searching Google and this forum, but
can't find the answer. Maybe I don't know the right words to search for.
Any idea?
Instead of checking RTASAP in Task Sched, can I set RTASAP in IFW when I'm
setting up the scheduled backup?
thanks