I'm new at ifw and have all sorts of zipped files/installer files that I've downloaded:
ifd
ifd gui
ifl
ifl gui
ifl nonet
iflnonet gui
ifw ifdgui setup
ifw setup
ifw ifl setup
ifw iflgui setup
I'm guessing that I need to install ifw ifl gui setup? I have a number of machines on my home network: multiboot desktop, laptop (uefi), htpc (2) and an old box that I use as a windows server but soon to be FreeNAS where I'd like to store my backups. I think the zip files are just to create startup disks? I'd like to try both the dos and linux boot disks, I'm guessing that is a separate thing that I can't do from inside ifw? It's becoming a little clearer as I type this out, but would still appreciate a response.
Thanks, Mark
So many choices, which to install?
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: So many choices, which to install?
ifw iflgui setup has everything and GUI
ifw ifl setup has everything and CUI for IFD/IFL.
"marrjam" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm new at ifw and have all sorts of zipped files/installer files that I've
downloaded:
ifd
ifd gui
ifl
ifl gui
ifl nonet
iflnonet gui
ifw ifdgui setup
ifw setup
ifw ifl setup
ifw iflgui setup
I'm guessing that I need to install ifw ifl gui setup? I have a number of
machines on my home network: multiboot desktop, laptop (uefi), htpc (2) and
an old box that I use as a windows server but soon to be FreeNAS where I'd
like to store my backups. I think the zip files are just to create startup
disks? I'd like to try both the dos and linux boot disks, I'm guessing that
is a separate thing that I can't do from inside ifw? It's becoming a little
clearer as I type this out, but would still appreciate a response.
Thanks, Mark
ifw ifl setup has everything and CUI for IFD/IFL.
"marrjam" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm new at ifw and have all sorts of zipped files/installer files that I've
downloaded:
ifd
ifd gui
ifl
ifl gui
ifl nonet
iflnonet gui
ifw ifdgui setup
ifw setup
ifw ifl setup
ifw iflgui setup
I'm guessing that I need to install ifw ifl gui setup? I have a number of
machines on my home network: multiboot desktop, laptop (uefi), htpc (2) and
an old box that I use as a windows server but soon to be FreeNAS where I'd
like to store my backups. I think the zip files are just to create startup
disks? I'd like to try both the dos and linux boot disks, I'm guessing that
is a separate thing that I can't do from inside ifw? It's becoming a little
clearer as I type this out, but would still appreciate a response.
Thanks, Mark