Page 1 of 1

Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:09 pm
by Jim22
I'm running win XP, and want to back up to an external USB drive. I understand you can do so using IFL, but it doesn't seem to recognize the USB drive. Unfortunately, my Linux knowledge is poor, so I may have missed something.

Jim

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:38 pm
by Jim22
I think the answer is yes, if you use a recent version of IFL. I was using the version I downloaded in 2008 when I had problems. I'm trying a current version with much greater success.
Jim

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 am
by Peabody
I'm still running IFL v2.77, and it doesn't see my USB3 ports. But it works fine with USB2.

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 am
by Brian K
Try ver 2.80. It sees my USB3 ports.

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:51 am
by Peabody
It sees mine too. Thanks very much.