Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
Jim22
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 am

Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Post by Jim22 »

I'm running win XP, and want to back up to an external USB drive. I understand you can do so using IFL, but it doesn't seem to recognize the USB drive. Unfortunately, my Linux knowledge is poor, so I may have missed something.

Jim
Jim22
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Post by Jim22 »

I think the answer is yes, if you use a recent version of IFL. I was using the version I downloaded in 2008 when I had problems. I'm trying a current version with much greater success.
Jim
Peabody
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Post by Peabody »

I'm still running IFL v2.77, and it doesn't see my USB3 ports. But it works fine with USB2.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Post by Brian K »

Try ver 2.80. It sees my USB3 ports.
Peabody
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: Back up to an External USB drive using IFL

Post by Peabody »

It sees mine too. Thanks very much.
Post Reply