Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
AlanD
IFL & brightness control
Re: IFL & brightness control
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:02:16 PDT, AlanD
wrote:
>Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>
>AlanD
>
Is this a repeat of your thread of Oct 08, 2012 in this forum?
I also had a thread around 1st March 2012.
Neither got very far. there seemed to be an incompatibility between
IFL GUI and the particular display adapter in this computer. I was
only able to resolve the problem by specifying a resolution of
640x480.
wrote:
>Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>
>AlanD
>
Is this a repeat of your thread of Oct 08, 2012 in this forum?
I also had a thread around 1st March 2012.
Neither got very far. there seemed to be an incompatibility between
IFL GUI and the particular display adapter in this computer. I was
only able to resolve the problem by specifying a resolution of
640x480.
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: IFL & brightness control
AlanD wrote:
> Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>
> AlanD
If it's the problem you had previously, there's no control for it other than to select a lower resolution graphics mode. However, if you're running IFL (GUI) 2.77 or later, it should automatically set itself to the best available graphics resolution (VESA BIOS mode) on that system, so that you don't get the dim screen (psuedocolor) - so you can just let it boot at the default setting, and it will adjust.
> Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>
> AlanD
If it's the problem you had previously, there's no control for it other than to select a lower resolution graphics mode. However, if you're running IFL (GUI) 2.77 or later, it should automatically set itself to the best available graphics resolution (VESA BIOS mode) on that system, so that you don't get the dim screen (psuedocolor) - so you can just let it boot at the default setting, and it will adjust.
Re: IFL & brightness control
On 2013-03-14 7:38 AM, TP wrote:
> AlanD wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>>
>> AlanD
>
> If it's the problem you had previously, there's no control for it other than to select a lower resolution graphics mode. However, if you're running IFL (GUI) 2.77 or later, it should automatically set itself to the best available graphics resolution (VESA BIOS mode) on that system, so that you don't get the dim screen (psuedocolor) - so you can just let it boot at the default setting, and it will adjust.
>
>
in reply to both responses: no, I didn't start a thread with this
subject before. I now have a new laptop running WIN 7 in BootCamp
partition, on which I will use IFL for Restore's.
Problem is not resolution (resolution is set at "optimum"), or dimness.
It is excessive brightness (appears to be at max), which cannot be
turned down when in IFL. Laptop keyboard controls are non-functional.
The brightness is not only hard on the eyes, it's hard on the batteries.
Saw some "fixes" for folks running some versions of Linux, which, if
workable, would be fine for someone using Linux full time (as his OS),
but booting into Linus periodically as we do?
Judging from those with same problems on I'net, this seems to be common
to laptops, and not just to Mac laptops. Didn't see anyone complaining
about this problem with PC.
IFL on my PC has about same brightness as when I am in Windows (normal,
that is).
thanks for any ideas
AlanD
> AlanD wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to control screen brightness while booted into IFL?
>>
>> AlanD
>
> If it's the problem you had previously, there's no control for it other than to select a lower resolution graphics mode. However, if you're running IFL (GUI) 2.77 or later, it should automatically set itself to the best available graphics resolution (VESA BIOS mode) on that system, so that you don't get the dim screen (psuedocolor) - so you can just let it boot at the default setting, and it will adjust.
>
>
in reply to both responses: no, I didn't start a thread with this
subject before. I now have a new laptop running WIN 7 in BootCamp
partition, on which I will use IFL for Restore's.
Problem is not resolution (resolution is set at "optimum"), or dimness.
It is excessive brightness (appears to be at max), which cannot be
turned down when in IFL. Laptop keyboard controls are non-functional.
The brightness is not only hard on the eyes, it's hard on the batteries.
Saw some "fixes" for folks running some versions of Linux, which, if
workable, would be fine for someone using Linux full time (as his OS),
but booting into Linus periodically as we do?
Judging from those with same problems on I'net, this seems to be common
to laptops, and not just to Mac laptops. Didn't see anyone complaining
about this problem with PC.
IFL on my PC has about same brightness as when I am in Windows (normal,
that is).
thanks for any ideas
AlanD