Page 3 of 3

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2026 8:41 pm
by swayzak
Also, I managed to install BIBM to the primary ssd, but initially got this error

After rebooting BIBM launched fine

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2026 10:35 pm
by TeraByte Support
if your source is good the copy won't do that, something else is altering your partition layout or there is corruption coming from the system. You may want to run memtest86+ on the system. Also ensure you BIOS is up to date.

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2026 5:04 am
by swayzak
swayzak wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2026 8:41 pm Also, I managed to install BIBM to the primary ssd, but initially got this error

After rebooting BIBM launched fine
Is this a serious issue also?

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:16 am
by TeraByte Support
that would typically be something corrupted, it can be some bugs in the BIOS interface, but not for a system stable . I'd start with memtest86+, if it's only affecting the drives, check those cables, ports, maybe move it to a different controller.

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2026 8:38 am
by swayzak
TeraByte Support wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:16 am that would typically be something corrupted, it can be some bugs in the BIOS interface, but not for a system stable . I'd start with memtest86+, if it's only affecting the drives, check those cables, ports, maybe move it to a different controller.
Thanks

It's a Asus P5K-E mboard (running some beloved audio hardware which cannot run on a modern system) with last available BIOS

I have never had trouble like this with this old set up, so beginning to suspect something to do with the Crucial ssd drives?

The pasted Windows 10 partitions do appear to boot fine though..

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2026 8:25 am
by swayzak
No errors with memtest86+

Some of these partitions were pasted over via USB 2 - I've read that there can be sector mismatches between SATA and USB 2. Could this be a reason for the problems I've been encountering?

Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2026 10:00 am
by swayzak
Sorted now

Started again - established internal SATA connections for all 4 drives (2 x old mechanical, 2 x SSD), SSDs set up as EMBR, and enabled AHCI in BIOS

I obviously hadn't picked up on AHCI vs IDE in the past, as this PC has been running as "IDE" since I built it 15 years ago :lol:

Everything pasted over manually fine then, with no errors, and the drives run much faster

Keeping the old 2x1TB mechanicals attached as backup data drives