Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
Fracso
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by Fracso »

Process: to create an IFW 2.95 WinPE 5.1 in a Windows 7 x64 computer.

I installed WADK for Windows 8.1 Update, opened TBWinPE/RE Builder.

After some processing, an error message appeared (translated):

“The program cannot start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel[32-1-1-0-dll] is missing. Try to reinstall the program to correct this.”
I closed this window, the process resumed and finished successfully (apparently).

What does this error message mean? Does it affect the final result?
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Do you have the build log? Did it report any warnings or errors?

At what point does the error occur?

Did you boot the TBWinPE media and check if the programs run okay?
Fracso
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by Fracso »

Build log: I don´t know if I have it. Where should it be?

The error occurred at the beginning of the process, after the "Build Summary" window. After I closed the error window, the "Creating Build" window appeared.

I built a boot UFD using the ISO I had created in Windows 7, and tried it in a UEFI Windows 8.1 machine. It booted normally and the IFW interface appeared, all seemed normal, but I didn´t try any real process.

I also tried the same process to build the ISO in the Win 8.1 machine, using again WADK for Windows 8.1. All worked well, the error message didn´t appear. The ISO was somewhat bigger (229478 KB vs 225820 in Win 7).

[While working in the Win 8.1 machine, I found another, different problem. I´ll open a separate thread about it. ]
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The log is enabled by default and the file (TBWinPE.log) would be in the same folder as the program. If IFW is installed at the normal location it would be in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\tbwinre" folder.
Fracso
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by Fracso »

This is the contents of the log file:

2015-05-11 13:12:56 - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - TBWinPE/RE Builder v1.0
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - Initializing
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - Windows version: Windows 7 Home Premium [6.1,x64]
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - Creating TBWinPE.INI (using default values)
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - Importing settings from TBWinRE.cmd script file
2015-05-11 13:12:56 - File copied to config folder: TBLauncher.ini
2015-05-11 13:12:57 - File copied to config folder: startnet.cmd
2015-05-11 13:12:57 - Initialization complete
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - Verifying build requirements (TBWinPE)
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - Image for Windows found: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - TBIView found: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\TBIView
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - Warning: TBOSDT not found (Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\TeraByte OSD Tool Suite Pro)
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - Warning: Boot file support disabled
2015-05-11 13:14:07 - Build source: Windows 8.1 ADK
2015-05-11 13:14:08 - Verification complete
2015-05-11 13:14:57 - Creating TBWinPE build (Architecture: AMD64)
2015-05-11 13:14:57 - Initializing DISM (1)
2015-05-11 13:18:01 - DISM initialized (E)
2015-05-11 13:18:01 - Copying WinPE files
2015-05-11 13:18:07 - Mounting WinPE image
2015-05-11 13:18:43 - WinPE image not saved
2015-05-11 13:18:43 - Unmounting WinPE image
2015-05-11 13:18:59 - Build process canceled

This is not the "original" log - it corresponds to a second try I did to find out where exactly the error appeared. After the error appeared, I canceled the process. I have attached an image of the error window.
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Can you uncheck the "Use DISM API if supported" option in Settings (General tab) and see if the error still shows up?
Fracso
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Error while creating an IFW 2.95 WinPE

Post by Fracso »

TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> Can you uncheck the "Use DISM API if supported" option in
> Settings (General tab) and see if the error still shows up?

I unchecked the option. The error didn´t appear.
Post Reply