How reliable are time remaining figures?

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

How reliable are time remaining figures?

Post by DrTeeth »

How reliable are these figures?

I get 1:34 in IfW (running in Windows), 7:15 in IfL and 4:30 in (in
BIBM) 4:30. I would expected either IfD or IfL to be at least as fast
as IfW.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?

Post by Brian K »

DrT,

Are those times the total imaging time? With or without Validation?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?

Post by TeraByte Support »

as accurate as math... it's all calculated. yes each environment can be
different and eventually come to normalization.

"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

How reliable are these figures?

I get 1:34 in IfW (running in Windows), 7:15 in IfL and 4:30 in (in
BIBM) 4:30. I would expected either IfD or IfL to be at least as fast
as IfW.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill

DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: How reliable are time remaining figures?

Post by DrTeeth »

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:10:10 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
Brian K disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>Are those times the total imaging time? With or without Validation?

The times I quotes were at the start of the imaging, all with same
settings including validation (not byte for byte). I did not have the
time to check if those times were accurate. I reckoned that as (I
assume) the same maths would be used with each version, those times
would be comparable

I did find the IfW time at the very start of the imaging to be
accurate, reflecting the actual total imaging time.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.
Post Reply