Weird experience

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
mjnelson99
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am

Weird experience

Post by mjnelson99 »

I imaged an IFL or IFW file to a 64 GB SD card.

Today I tried to rename the card. I attempted on 3 different USB
connections and even though it looks like the file was there,
Windows tells me the file is no longer located on the card.

Nor could I do the copy I originally wanted to do.

I wound up formatting the card successfully, thank heaven.

I then recorded a test file to the card. That file could be accessed and
renamed so it looks like the card is okay. It was a smaller file than
the image was.

I really would have liked to be able to copy that file to a hard drive
but since it could not be accessed (or apparently even found) it was not
possible.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mary
mjnelson99
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Weird experience

Post by mjnelson99 »

Should say in first sentence tried to rename the file, not the card.

On 3/1/2014 3:00 PM, MJNelson wrote:
> I imaged an IFL or IFW file to a 64 GB SD card.
>
> Today I tried to rename the card. I attempted on 3 different USB
> connections and even though it looks like the file was there,
> Windows tells me the file is no longer located on the card.
>
> Nor could I do the copy I originally wanted to do.
>
> I wound up formatting the card successfully, thank heaven.
>
> I then recorded a test file to the card. That file could be accessed and
> renamed so it looks like the card is okay. It was a smaller file than
> the image was.
>
> I really would have liked to be able to copy that file to a hard drive
> but since it could not be accessed (or apparently even found) it was not
> possible.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Mary
>
>
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Weird experience

Post by TeraByte Support »

permissions or need of chkdsk /f ?

"MJNelson" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Should say in first sentence tried to rename the file, not the card.

On 3/1/2014 3:00 PM, MJNelson wrote:
> I imaged an IFL or IFW file to a 64 GB SD card.
>
> Today I tried to rename the card. I attempted on 3 different USB
> connections and even though it looks like the file was there,
> Windows tells me the file is no longer located on the card.
>
> Nor could I do the copy I originally wanted to do.
>
> I wound up formatting the card successfully, thank heaven.
>
> I then recorded a test file to the card. That file could be accessed and
> renamed so it looks like the card is okay. It was a smaller file than
> the image was.
>
> I really would have liked to be able to copy that file to a hard drive
> but since it could not be accessed (or apparently even found) it was not
> possible.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Mary
>
>

a1pcfixer
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:13 am

Re: Weird experience

Post by a1pcfixer »

This I'm suggesting is a rarity, but check it just the same. Since Win 7, it sometimes 'blocks' a file as a security/safety issue.

Do another image to that card, then highlight the image file and select 'Properties".
On first tab look at bottom, and see if a box shows stating "This file is blocked.....<blah-blah-blah>....

If that shows fix it (Un-block) and off you go!

Like I said....it's a rarity, but it happens.

Sometimes some cards just need contact points cleaned (use a clean pencil eraser).
Post Reply