Lenove throws Causeway 09 error IFD GUI v2.86

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
bmaytum
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Lenove throws Causeway 09 error IFD GUI v2.86

Post by bmaytum »

This Knowledge Base item might apply? http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=249

I found that KB entry because I'm have the Causeway Error 09 problem on wife's Lenovo laptop (Win7 Home x64) when I try to boot from an IFD GUI v2.86 bootable CD (hoping to image her hard disk to an external drive). Apparently per 3rd cause in that KB I need to update the DOS driver for laptop's NIC. (I've ruled out potential causes 1 & 2 successfully using same IFD GUI v2.86 boot CD & same external USB 3.0 2TB hard drive on some of my other PCs).

Lenovo laptop model V570 (1060): There were circa 2011 Realtek Ethernet drivers v7.4x.xx installed when first attempted IFD GUI v2.86 CD boot and got the Causeway error. I checked Lenovo's support site and could only find an earlier version v7.021.0531.2 claiming to be 15Jan2012 (but the drivers are actually v7.21.531 2010. I installed those (replacing the newer), but STILL get the Causeway error (occurs while making IFD choices in GUI (after using BIOS choice to identify source & target drives & partitions, before making Option check box choices (eg Validate, etc)). None of the driver file names listed in Device Manager for the integrated Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller appear to be for DOS operating system, rather all 3 filenames (Rt64win7.sys, RtNIcProp64.dll, and RTNUninst64.dll) imply 64-bit OS (and the Installer says VISTA or later).

Anybody know where I might download and how I would install DOS-based Realtek NIC drivers?

Failing that, if I make an IFW GUI image of laptop drive while running IFW under Win7, will that image allow a full + bootable restore (OS + programs + settings) back to hard drive after a drive crash??
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Lenove throws Causeway 09 error IFD GUI v2.86

Post by TeraByte Support »

If you're not booting DOS with NIC drivers then that probably doesn't apply.
If it only occurs in IFD GUI (and not IFD CUI) then it's probably the video
mode or mouse related. Try a different video more and/or disable mouse
support.

Image for Linux can also be used.

"bmaytum" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

This Knowledge Base item might apply?

[
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=249
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=249)

I found that KB entry because I'm have the Causeway Error 09 problem on
wife's Lenovo laptop (Win7 Home x64) when I try to boot from an IFD GUI
v2.86 bootable CD (hoping to image her hard disk to an external drive).
Apparently per 3rd cause in that KB I need to update the DOS driver for
laptop's NIC. (I've ruled out potential causes 1 & 2 successfully using
same IFD GUI v2.86 boot CD & same external USB 3.0 2TB hard drive on some of
my other PCs).

Lenovo laptop model V570 (1060): There were circa 2011 Realtek Ethernet
drivers v7.4x.xx installed when first attempted IFD GUI v2.86 CD boot and
got the Causeway error. I checked Lenovo's support site and could only find
an earlier version v7.021.0531.2 claiming to be 15Jan2012 (but the drivers
are actually v7.21.531 2010. I installed those (replacing the newer), but
STILL get the Causeway error (occurs while making IFD choices in GUI (after
using BIOS choice to identify source & target drives & partitions, before
making Option check box choices (eg Validate, etc)). None of the driver file
names listed in Device Manager for the integrated Realtek PCIe GBE Family
Controller appear to be for DOS operating system, rather all 3 filenames
(Rt64win7.sys, RtNIcProp64.dll, and RTNUninst64.dll) imply 64-bit OS (and
the Installer says VISTA or later).

Anybody know where I might download and how I would install DOS-based
Realtek NIC drivers?

Failing that, if I make an IFW GUI image of laptop drive while running IFW
under Win7, will that image allow a full + bootable restore (OS + programs +
settings) back to hard drive after a drive crash??

Post Reply