Hello,
it seems that from Image for Linux Version 2.84 onward my RAID-Configuration is not recognized correctly anymore (on a Gigabyte Assassin X58 Mainboard).
I have 3 RAID0-Volumes configured; the strange thing is, that only the RAID Volume 0 (where my OS resides) is recognized, but not my DATA-Volumes (all Disks are EMBR-Disks).
When I open the Partition Work program (or IFL 2.84 or 2.85), there are the Raid-Volumes:
/dev/122 - is recognized correctly
/dev/124 - only recognized as MBR without File Systems
/dev/126 - only recognized as MBR without File Systems
than there are 2 ATA-Devices: these seem to be the 1st disk of the above not recognized RAID-Volumes:
There the File-Systems are recognized, but not correctly, because the disks are 50 percent smaller than the recognized file system (because of RAID0-Configuration).
Under IFD all file systems and RAID-Configurations are recognized correctly, but I would prefer IFL because of USB3-Support which significantly speeds up backup of my configuration.
Is this a bug since BIBM Partition Work was integrated into IFL?
Is there a possibility to correct this without waiting for a functioning?
A solution would be welcome.
Best regards,
Alexander Chodora
IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
I would trying booting with the boot parameter "startraid=dmonly", which you can enter on the initial boot screen as shown below (this is the screen where you select the video mode):
boot: 1 startraid=dmonly
And then see if IFL shows the RAID correctly.
Also, regardless of the result above, please create a report after booting normally (without using the boot parameter), and email the report.txt file to me at:
[email protected]
The KB article below covers how to create a report and save the report.txt file to a drive or partition for emailing:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=585
boot: 1 startraid=dmonly
And then see if IFL shows the RAID correctly.
Also, regardless of the result above, please create a report after booting normally (without using the boot parameter), and email the report.txt file to me at:
[email protected]
The KB article below covers how to create a report and save the report.txt file to a drive or partition for emailing:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=585
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
Hello,
It seems that starting with parameter dmraid only solved the problem - all raids are recognized correctly. Will create the report.txt file tomorrow and send it to you.
It seems that starting with parameter dmraid only solved the problem - all raids are recognized correctly. Will create the report.txt file tomorrow and send it to you.
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
Ok, thanks for the information.
When you send the report, let me know if you can what the last version was (prior to 2.84) that worked correctly with that RAID configuration. That will be helpful in getting this resolved.
When you send the report, let me know if you can what the last version was (prior to 2.84) that worked correctly with that RAID configuration. That will be helpful in getting this resolved.
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
Hello,
the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 - with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately I didn't find the old version on your website anymore (or is there a link to download older versions?).
the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 - with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately I didn't find the old version on your website anymore (or is there a link to download older versions?).
-
mjnelson99
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
I keep the older versions on my computer for a while out of habit with
using MS updates.
It does give me choices.
Mary
On 11/18/2013 6:48 AM, alexds9 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 -
with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately
I didn't find the old version on your website anymore
(or is there a link to download older versions?).
>
>
using MS updates.
It does give me choices.
Mary
On 11/18/2013 6:48 AM, alexds9 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 -
with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately
I didn't find the old version on your website anymore
(or is there a link to download older versions?).
>
>
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
mjnelson99 wrote:
> I keep the older versions on my computer for a while out of habit with
> using MS updates.
>
> It does give me choices.
> Mary
>
> On 11/18/2013 6:48 AM, alexds9 wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 -
>
> with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately
>
> I didn't find the old version on your website anymore
>
> (or is there a link to download older versions?).
Based on the info above, if you can send me an email, I can provide a link to a test version (with IFL 2.85) that I'd like to verify fixes this problem. [email protected]
> I keep the older versions on my computer for a while out of habit with
> using MS updates.
>
> It does give me choices.
> Mary
>
> On 11/18/2013 6:48 AM, alexds9 wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the problem occured the first time when using IFL 2.84 -
>
> with 2.83 and older versions everthing worked fine - unfortunately
>
> I didn't find the old version on your website anymore
>
> (or is there a link to download older versions?).
Based on the info above, if you can send me an email, I can provide a link to a test version (with IFL 2.85) that I'd like to verify fixes this problem. [email protected]
Re: IFL 2.85: Broken RAID Support
Hello,
I now sent an email to you and attached my report.txt.
Alexander Chodora
I now sent an email to you and attached my report.txt.
Alexander Chodora