W8.1 NTFS corruption

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
borate
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

W8.1 NTFS corruption

Post by borate »

It has been over a year since the "W8 corruption" sticky in this forum was updated, so it seemed time to take another look.

FAST BOOT was disabled. While in 8.1 an image was written and verified.
After restore (from the W7 drive), chkntfs j: was listed as "dirty" and a brief chkdsk was eventually required.
So, no change, and apparently no resolution of this niggling issue.

Imaging W8.1 from the W7 drive doesn't cause the problem.
Imaging W7 while running W7 doesn't either, when it is restored from the 8.1 drive.

IFW 2.85 is installed on both drives.
EdBrady
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: W8.1 NTFS corruption

Post by EdBrady »

I noticed that the fast boot option was re-enabled when I updated from Win 8 to 8.1, so it doesn't look like they've changed anything.
DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: W8.1 NTFS corruption

Post by DrTeeth »

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:26:15 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
EdBrady disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>I noticed that the fast boot option was re-enabled when I updated from Win 8 to 8.1, so it doesn't look like they've changed anything.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. It did not seem to make that much
different to the boot speed anyway.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
Post Reply