I'm testing the trial version of Image for Windows (IFD GUI). How can tell if the image I created is will restore the partition properly? I really don't want to do a restore if there is some other way to check this.
Any help or ideas here?
Cindy,
I have used IFW/IFD/IFL for at least 5 years on different computers.
These programs excel at reliability and I have restored quite a number
of times including Windows 7.
Mary
On 10/11/2013 1:41 PM, cindy5663 wrote:
> I'm testing the trial version of Image for Windows (IFD GUI). How can tell if the image I created is will restore the partition properly? I really don't want to do a restore if there is some other way to check this.
> Any help or ideas here?
>
> Thx,
> CP
>
> 
>
>
>
The only way to really test a product is to do a backup, validate, and actual restore...Preferably to a backup partition or another hard drive.
Many years ago I discovered that Acronis true Image, while it could do a backup and successful verification, it could not do a simple restore consistently. Luckily it failed on my first test, but I did not believe it, and continued to use the product. Unfortunately when I really needed it, it failed again. I moved on to Terabyte Utilities, and have never had a problem, and I restore for lots of reasons, regularly.
But, whatever you choose to do, DO A REAL BACKUP, VALIDATE, RESTORE TEST FIRST. If it fails, get your money back immediately.
If the image is an older one, you can validate again before restoring.
I went back to an image made on 9/14/2013 on my old computer a few days
ago. I did re-validate before using it just to be sure.
The restore worked great.
Of course, I did need to manually update a few files that had changed in
the last 3-4 weeks.
The really important ones like Quicken, I do backup individually to USB
sticks so they are current.
Mary
On 10/13/2013 11:35 AM, tas3086 wrote:
> The only way to really test a product is to do a backup, validate, and actual restore...Preferably to a backup partition or another hard drive.
>
> Many years ago I discovered that Acronis true Image, while it could do a backup and successful verification, it could not do a simple restore consistently. Luckily it failed on my first test, but I did not believe it, and continued to use the product. Unfortunately when I really needed it, it failed again. I moved on to Terabyte Utilities, and have never had a problem, and I restore for lots of reasons, regularly.
>
> But, whatever you choose to do, DO A REAL BACKUP, VALIDATE, RESTORE TEST FIRST. If it fails, get your money back immediately.
>
>