Hello,
I have IFL/IFW 2.64, downloaded ages ago and still in use - except that I discovered that the Linux backups weren't readable by WInXP and vice versa.
Are they compaitable in later versions?
Also - when will there be a TBiView for Linux? That would be v. useful.
Thank you in advance!
Cheers,
Caesura
Win/Linux Compatibility
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Win/Linux Compatibility
The image files are compatible. Are you using the same program versions? If it's an access issue you may need to set ownership and/or permissions on the file(s) when in Windows.
TBIView has been included with the full version of IFL since 2009.
TBIView has been included with the full version of IFL since 2009.
-
mjnelson99
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am
Re: Win/Linux Compatibility
You could do a restore using IFD/IFW and save that.
I would also update from 2.64, too.
You can create a bootable CD/DVD/USB stick to use for the
restores.
Makedisk.exe can do that easily.
Mary
On 6/4/2013 2:46 PM, Caesura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have IFL/IFW 2.64, downloaded ages ago and still in use - except that I discovered that the Linux backups weren't readable by WInXP and vice versa.
>
> Are they compaitable in later versions?
>
> Also - when will there be a TBiView for Linux? That would be v. useful.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Caesura
>
>
I would also update from 2.64, too.
You can create a bootable CD/DVD/USB stick to use for the
restores.
Makedisk.exe can do that easily.
Mary
On 6/4/2013 2:46 PM, Caesura wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have IFL/IFW 2.64, downloaded ages ago and still in use - except that I discovered that the Linux backups weren't readable by WInXP and vice versa.
>
> Are they compaitable in later versions?
>
> Also - when will there be a TBiView for Linux? That would be v. useful.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Caesura
>
>
Re: Win/Linux Compatibility
Hi,
Thanks for the advice! I can't remember what the error message was when I tried to open a .tbi file (created in Linux) from WindowsXP, but it wasn't helpful - 'not a tbi file'/'OK' something like that!
So I don't know whether its a permissions thing or not.
Also - I downloaded ifl_en_gui.zip - no sign of tbiview - and there isn't a tbiview for linux on the download page https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php - where can I download it?
Thanks!
Andy
Thanks for the advice! I can't remember what the error message was when I tried to open a .tbi file (created in Linux) from WindowsXP, but it wasn't helpful - 'not a tbi file'/'OK' something like that!
So I don't know whether its a permissions thing or not.
Also - I downloaded ifl_en_gui.zip - no sign of tbiview - and there isn't a tbiview for linux on the download page https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php - where can I download it?
Thanks!
Andy
Re: Win/Linux Compatibility
Ooops - run sudo ./setup - gives me tbiview 

A/C
A/C
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Win/Linux Compatibility
I assumed you were using the IFL boot media. In IFL GUI, TBIView is available from the launchbar (click the icon), by right-clicking the desktop and selecting it from the menu, and by opening a Terminal and running "tbiview". When using it in an installed Linux OS you have to run "setup" to extract the files.