How is base full backup file found

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

How is base full backup file found

Post by Bob Coleman »

Using IFD and experimenting, I created a full backup, then a changes only backup, then renamed both TBI files. I then started a restore specifying to restore from the changes only file. I wanted to see how it would fail, but it worked!

I wasn't surprised that renaming the changes only file didn't create a problem, but I didn't expect the base file to be found. How is that file found? Is the content of any/all available TBI files examined for some identifying data without regard to the name(s) of the TBI file(s)?
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: How is base full backup file found

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It searches first for the original file and then will search other TBI files in the folder for a match. Otherwise, you'd need to specify the search locations (or browse when prompted).
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: How is base full backup file found

Post by Bob Coleman »

Interestingly, it seems to find and use the base file without regard to the filename and if the extension begins with "tbi". "tbix", "tbitest", whatever is found.
Post Reply