Used IFD GUI 2.79 and 2.81. Creating image with byte-for-byte validation
saving to 2TB USB External Drive.
Have saved images on this External many times before with my other computer
with no problem but this computer has the problem.
I have had it a couple years and never imaged it before. Had to do clean
install
and wanted images.
It shows 0 MiB remaining and 100% Progress and 100% Overall Progress then
locks up and mouse locked up too.
Can't use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Have to manually shut down using power
button.
Have USB mouse but also tried it with a PS/2 mouse and same thing.
You don't get to see the message that the process completed successfully. I
did
a couple different images and I tired a restore with one of them and it did
restore I ran validate on the others and when gets to 100% locks up. Don't
know if validated because
you don't get the completed successfully window.
I tried IFL GUI and it said after running for 6 minutes and not even at 1%
progress yet that it would take 43 hours.
So canceled it and it didn't lock up. Don't know if the image would complete
if it would lock up or not.
IFD takes 20 seconds to get to 1% and this is doing 29 GB on the drive.
Any idea what may be going on ?? Haven't tried to DVD yet so don't know how
that would work.
Thanks,
Ed.
IFD locks up on completion
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFD locks up on completion
is there a pop up saying it may hang? If you booted from USB and used USB
directly then when it goes to save the .log that would fail, possible some
BIOS may hang (try disabling the log and see if that was it)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Used IFD GUI 2.79 and 2.81. Creating image with byte-for-byte validation
saving to 2TB USB External Drive.
Have saved images on this External many times before with my other computer
with no problem but this computer has the problem.
I have had it a couple years and never imaged it before. Had to do clean
install
and wanted images.
It shows 0 MiB remaining and 100% Progress and 100% Overall Progress then
locks up and mouse locked up too.
Can't use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Have to manually shut down using power
button.
Have USB mouse but also tried it with a PS/2 mouse and same thing.
You don't get to see the message that the process completed successfully. I
did
a couple different images and I tired a restore with one of them and it did
restore I ran validate on the others and when gets to 100% locks up. Don't
know if validated because
you don't get the completed successfully window.
I tried IFL GUI and it said after running for 6 minutes and not even at 1%
progress yet that it would take 43 hours.
So canceled it and it didn't lock up. Don't know if the image would complete
if it would lock up or not.
IFD takes 20 seconds to get to 1% and this is doing 29 GB on the drive.
Any idea what may be going on ?? Haven't tried to DVD yet so don't know how
that would work.
Thanks,
Ed.
directly then when it goes to save the .log that would fail, possible some
BIOS may hang (try disabling the log and see if that was it)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Used IFD GUI 2.79 and 2.81. Creating image with byte-for-byte validation
saving to 2TB USB External Drive.
Have saved images on this External many times before with my other computer
with no problem but this computer has the problem.
I have had it a couple years and never imaged it before. Had to do clean
install
and wanted images.
It shows 0 MiB remaining and 100% Progress and 100% Overall Progress then
locks up and mouse locked up too.
Can't use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Have to manually shut down using power
button.
Have USB mouse but also tried it with a PS/2 mouse and same thing.
You don't get to see the message that the process completed successfully. I
did
a couple different images and I tired a restore with one of them and it did
restore I ran validate on the others and when gets to 100% locks up. Don't
know if validated because
you don't get the completed successfully window.
I tried IFL GUI and it said after running for 6 minutes and not even at 1%
progress yet that it would take 43 hours.
So canceled it and it didn't lock up. Don't know if the image would complete
if it would lock up or not.
IFD takes 20 seconds to get to 1% and this is doing 29 GB on the drive.
Any idea what may be going on ?? Haven't tried to DVD yet so don't know how
that would work.
Thanks,
Ed.
Re: IFD locks up on completion
There is no pop up saying it may hang. When it scans to check for the USB
External, it just mentions about a USB Keyboard may not work and to use IFL.
I boot from a CD made with makedisk.
I always have the save a log unchecked.
I use BIOS (direct) as it's faster then straight BIOS. It took 57 minutes to
image and validate.
I am at this moment making another image using just BIOS. So far it has
taken 1 hr and 4 minutes and shows 37 minutes remaining.
It's at 27% of the validate stage. I wanted to do this one to see if it
still locks up at completion.
For some reason when I look in the BIOS setup, it shows not detected for all
the SATA hard drives.
There is only one SATA hard drive. It has RAID enabled in BIOS. I disable it
and can't boot into windows so I have to leave it enabled.
The computer is a Medion Model PC MT7 Type MED MT 523 if that means
anything.
There website you look for updates using the Serial Number 14601010050716
and nothing shows for any firmware or BIOS updates.
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
is there a pop up saying it may hang? If you booted from USB and used USB
directly then when it goes to save the .log that would fail, possible some
BIOS may hang (try disabling the log and see if that was it)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Used IFD GUI 2.79 and 2.81. Creating image with byte-for-byte validation
saving to 2TB USB External Drive.
Have saved images on this External many times before with my other computer
with no problem but this computer has the problem.
I have had it a couple years and never imaged it before. Had to do clean
install
and wanted images.
It shows 0 MiB remaining and 100% Progress and 100% Overall Progress then
locks up and mouse locked up too.
Can't use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Have to manually shut down using power
button.
Have USB mouse but also tried it with a PS/2 mouse and same thing.
You don't get to see the message that the process completed successfully. I
did
a couple different images and I tired a restore with one of them and it did
restore I ran validate on the others and when gets to 100% locks up. Don't
know if validated because
you don't get the completed successfully window.
I tried IFL GUI and it said after running for 6 minutes and not even at 1%
progress yet that it would take 43 hours.
So canceled it and it didn't lock up. Don't know if the image would complete
if it would lock up or not.
IFD takes 20 seconds to get to 1% and this is doing 29 GB on the drive.
Any idea what may be going on ?? Haven't tried to DVD yet so don't know how
that would work.
Thanks,
Ed.
External, it just mentions about a USB Keyboard may not work and to use IFL.
I boot from a CD made with makedisk.
I always have the save a log unchecked.
I use BIOS (direct) as it's faster then straight BIOS. It took 57 minutes to
image and validate.
I am at this moment making another image using just BIOS. So far it has
taken 1 hr and 4 minutes and shows 37 minutes remaining.
It's at 27% of the validate stage. I wanted to do this one to see if it
still locks up at completion.
For some reason when I look in the BIOS setup, it shows not detected for all
the SATA hard drives.
There is only one SATA hard drive. It has RAID enabled in BIOS. I disable it
and can't boot into windows so I have to leave it enabled.
The computer is a Medion Model PC MT7 Type MED MT 523 if that means
anything.
There website you look for updates using the Serial Number 14601010050716
and nothing shows for any firmware or BIOS updates.
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
is there a pop up saying it may hang? If you booted from USB and used USB
directly then when it goes to save the .log that would fail, possible some
BIOS may hang (try disabling the log and see if that was it)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Used IFD GUI 2.79 and 2.81. Creating image with byte-for-byte validation
saving to 2TB USB External Drive.
Have saved images on this External many times before with my other computer
with no problem but this computer has the problem.
I have had it a couple years and never imaged it before. Had to do clean
install
and wanted images.
It shows 0 MiB remaining and 100% Progress and 100% Overall Progress then
locks up and mouse locked up too.
Can't use Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Have to manually shut down using power
button.
Have USB mouse but also tried it with a PS/2 mouse and same thing.
You don't get to see the message that the process completed successfully. I
did
a couple different images and I tired a restore with one of them and it did
restore I ran validate on the others and when gets to 100% locks up. Don't
know if validated because
you don't get the completed successfully window.
I tried IFL GUI and it said after running for 6 minutes and not even at 1%
progress yet that it would take 43 hours.
So canceled it and it didn't lock up. Don't know if the image would complete
if it would lock up or not.
IFD takes 20 seconds to get to 1% and this is doing 29 GB on the drive.
Any idea what may be going on ?? Haven't tried to DVD yet so don't know how
that would work.
Thanks,
Ed.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFD locks up on completion
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
Re: IFD locks up on completion
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFD locks up on completion
right, but the issue is the same... if the image is complete and can be
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
Re: IFD locks up on completion
I don't see in IFD where you can disable SATA-AHCI.
I do validate at the time of backup. I also tried it once without validating
and same results.
At 100% it locks up. You don't get a completed successfully window.
So I don't know if it is completed and verified successfully.
You can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. You have to hold the power button in a few seconds
to shut down.
Should I just assume that when it gets to 100% and locks up and don't get
the
successful message, that the backup is good ? Also upon on a restore get the
lock up at
100%. I tried one restore of one of the images and it seemed OK even though
you don't get to
see a completed successfully message.
Again... should be safe to assume the backups and restores are good ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
right, but the issue is the same... if the image is complete and can be
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
I do validate at the time of backup. I also tried it once without validating
and same results.
At 100% it locks up. You don't get a completed successfully window.
So I don't know if it is completed and verified successfully.
You can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. You have to hold the power button in a few seconds
to shut down.
Should I just assume that when it gets to 100% and locks up and don't get
the
successful message, that the backup is good ? Also upon on a restore get the
lock up at
100%. I tried one restore of one of the images and it seemed OK even though
you don't get to
see a completed successfully message.
Again... should be safe to assume the backups and restores are good ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
right, but the issue is the same... if the image is complete and can be
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
Re: IFD locks up on completion
Follow up:
Image for DOS still has the problem.
I tried Image for Linux again. It worked fine.
Created and Validated Byte for Byte 32.5 GB used on
hard drive in 28 minutes.
It showed the Completed Successfully message and
didn't lock up.
Tied a Restore with it and it also worked fine.
Also tired backing up to DVD and it worked fine too.
Earlier when I tried Image for Linux I messed up somehow
and was Backup up the External USB drive to it and that's when it
showing 27 hours to complete. Stupid me... I am not a Linux person
and misread the drives.
Thanks for your help. I will give on Image for DOS on this one computer
and use Image for Linux.
I am totally satisfied with it now.
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I don't see in IFD where you can disable SATA-AHCI.
I do validate at the time of backup. I also tried it once without validating
and same results.
At 100% it locks up. You don't get a completed successfully window.
So I don't know if it is completed and verified successfully.
You can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. You have to hold the power button in a few seconds
to shut down.
Should I just assume that when it gets to 100% and locks up and don't get
the
successful message, that the backup is good ? Also upon on a restore get the
lock up at
100%. I tried one restore of one of the images and it seemed OK even though
you don't get to
see a completed successfully message.
Again... should be safe to assume the backups and restores are good ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
right, but the issue is the same... if the image is complete and can be
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.
Image for DOS still has the problem.
I tried Image for Linux again. It worked fine.
Created and Validated Byte for Byte 32.5 GB used on
hard drive in 28 minutes.
It showed the Completed Successfully message and
didn't lock up.
Tied a Restore with it and it also worked fine.
Also tired backing up to DVD and it worked fine too.
Earlier when I tried Image for Linux I messed up somehow
and was Backup up the External USB drive to it and that's when it
showing 27 hours to complete. Stupid me... I am not a Linux person
and misread the drives.
Thanks for your help. I will give on Image for DOS on this one computer
and use Image for Linux.
I am totally satisfied with it now.
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I don't see in IFD where you can disable SATA-AHCI.
I do validate at the time of backup. I also tried it once without validating
and same results.
At 100% it locks up. You don't get a completed successfully window.
So I don't know if it is completed and verified successfully.
You can't Ctrl+Alt+Del. You have to hold the power button in a few seconds
to shut down.
Should I just assume that when it gets to 100% and locks up and don't get
the
successful message, that the backup is good ? Also upon on a restore get the
lock up at
100%. I tried one restore of one of the images and it seemed OK even though
you don't get to
see a completed successfully message.
Again... should be safe to assume the backups and restores are good ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
right, but the issue is the same... if the image is complete and can be
verified, you're good (do you validate at the time of backup - does it move
on from there?)
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
That article you said to look at is talking about using BM. I am using IFD
stand alone.
Should I be using BM and then IFD from within BM ?
If so, will doing the settings in BM as article says work for IFD ?
Ed.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
No, probably not, that has to do with accessing the USB device directly and
would occur during the operation.
I can be related to BIOS (direct) for certain system where it may be trying
to access the CD drive via the BIOS...
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=465
"Ed" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Do you thing I should try making another CD with the "Correct USB Hang (1)"
the "Correct USB Hang (2)" options selected ?
Would those apply to the problem I am having ?
Thanks again,
Ed.