The Help file for TBIView has a topic discussing Image Indexes, which states:
"Image indexes can be created in two different ways:
· Automatically, by opening an image (.IMG) file for the first time using the TBIView interface.
· Manually, using the /CreateIdx or /RebuildIdx command line options.
Image indexes can optionally be saved to disk as they are created."
Since my current backup data makes use of ".TBI" files, not ".IMG" files, I would like to know what process it is that creates the .IMG files. Also, since I don't have one to examine, I would like to know whether these indexes getting saved to disk also get encrypted with the same kind of encryption used when the .IMG files were created? Thanks.
Index files and encryption
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Index files and encryption
.IMG files are used with the V1 imaging programs. V2 uses .TBI. Indexes aren't used with .TBI files.