I have seen this "The image stream is corrupt" message 4 times now over the last 5 months, starting with 2.75 (Phylock 9) and going up to 2.80 (Phylock 10). This is a Server 2003 R2 system and IFW.
Is there actually any technical reason to "Please reboot!"? That's very inconvenient to do in this case, so if there isn't, it would be good to know (or another way to go about it to avoid a reboot).
I've seen the KB article about this, and the problem relates to validation, but it's too general to be of help.
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350
I'm beginning to think that it's not a coincidence that all 4 times this happened it was when backing up the system partition and not the data partitions, but all source partitions are on the same physical drive, so it doesn't make sense to me. I would think that if it was going to have a problem then it would be with the MUCH larger data partitions, not the relatively tiny system partition.
Error code 94 revisited
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Error code 94 revisited
In windows/linux, no, just exit the app.
For the issue, see http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=151
"rseiler" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I have seen this "The image stream is corrupt" message 4 times now over the
last 5 months, starting with 2.75 (Phylock 9) and going up to 2.80 (Phylock
10). This is a Server 2003 R2 system and IFW.
Is there actually any technical reason to "Please reboot!"? That's very
inconvenient to do in this case, so if there isn't, it would be good to know
(or another way to go about it to avoid a reboot).
I've seen the KB article about this, and the problem relates to validation,
but it's too general to be of help.
[
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350)
I'm beginning to think that it's not a coincidence that all 4 times this
happened it was when backing up the system partition and not the data
partitions, but all source partitions are on the same physical drive, so it
doesn't make sense to me. I would think that if it was going to have a
problem then it would be with the MUCH larger data partitions, not the
relatively tiny system partition.
For the issue, see http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=151
"rseiler" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I have seen this "The image stream is corrupt" message 4 times now over the
last 5 months, starting with 2.75 (Phylock 9) and going up to 2.80 (Phylock
10). This is a Server 2003 R2 system and IFW.
Is there actually any technical reason to "Please reboot!"? That's very
inconvenient to do in this case, so if there isn't, it would be good to know
(or another way to go about it to avoid a reboot).
I've seen the KB article about this, and the problem relates to validation,
but it's too general to be of help.
[
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350
](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350)
I'm beginning to think that it's not a coincidence that all 4 times this
happened it was when backing up the system partition and not the data
partitions, but all source partitions are on the same physical drive, so it
doesn't make sense to me. I would think that if it was going to have a
problem then it would be with the MUCH larger data partitions, not the
relatively tiny system partition.
Re: Error code 94 revisited
Yet, the pattern has been that the error will recur until I reboot, so maybe there is something to the reboot advice on Windows. It's definitely not still in memory.
Meanwhile, the image of the data partitions works every single time.
Same destination drive.
No Chkdsk issues on source or destination.
I'll run a RAM check, but an issue there is unlikely since Windows would have turned up other problems before now.
I'll also switch the cable, but that's not very plausible when you consider that the same cable is used for the data partition images, which always work.
TeraByte Support wrote:
> In windows/linux, no, just exit the app.
>
> For the issue, see http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=151
>
>
>
> "rseiler" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I have seen this "The image stream is corrupt" message 4 times now over the
>
> last 5 months, starting with 2.75 (Phylock 9) and going up to 2.80 (Phylock
>
> 10). This is a Server 2003 R2 system and IFW.
>
> Is there actually any technical reason to "Please reboot!"? That's very
> inconvenient to do in this case, so if there isn't, it would be good to
> know
> (or another way to go about it to avoid a reboot).
>
> I've seen the KB article about this, and the problem relates to validation,
>
> but it's too general to be of help.
>
> [
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350
> ](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350)
>
> I'm beginning to think that it's not a coincidence that all 4 times this
> happened it was when backing up the system partition and not the data
> partitions, but all source partitions are on the same physical drive, so it
>
> doesn't make sense to me. I would think that if it was going to have a
> problem then it would be with the MUCH larger data partitions, not the
> relatively tiny system partition.
Meanwhile, the image of the data partitions works every single time.
Same destination drive.
No Chkdsk issues on source or destination.
I'll run a RAM check, but an issue there is unlikely since Windows would have turned up other problems before now.
I'll also switch the cable, but that's not very plausible when you consider that the same cable is used for the data partition images, which always work.
TeraByte Support wrote:
> In windows/linux, no, just exit the app.
>
> For the issue, see http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=151
>
>
>
> "rseiler" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I have seen this "The image stream is corrupt" message 4 times now over the
>
> last 5 months, starting with 2.75 (Phylock 9) and going up to 2.80 (Phylock
>
> 10). This is a Server 2003 R2 system and IFW.
>
> Is there actually any technical reason to "Please reboot!"? That's very
> inconvenient to do in this case, so if there isn't, it would be good to
> know
> (or another way to go about it to avoid a reboot).
>
> I've seen the KB article about this, and the problem relates to validation,
>
> but it's too general to be of help.
>
> [
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350
> ](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=350)
>
> I'm beginning to think that it's not a coincidence that all 4 times this
> happened it was when backing up the system partition and not the data
> partitions, but all source partitions are on the same physical drive, so it
>
> doesn't make sense to me. I would think that if it was going to have a
> problem then it would be with the MUCH larger data partitions, not the
> relatively tiny system partition.