Hi guys,
I created a 64-bit WinPE stick according to the descriptin here: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm
It ssems to work; I can boot it, but cannot access any external USB connected drives. Neither via IFW nor from the command shell.
Just to mention: Lenove X230, USB 3.0 and I can access them over IFD.
- Do I need special drivers as mentioned here: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... +usb#p2347 (last paragraph)?
- If so, where do I get them from?
- Do I have to mount manually? How?
Any help, references, links etc. are highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rued
WinPE and access to external USB drives
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: WinPE and access to external USB drives
I assume you're using Windows 7. You'd need to download and add the USB 3.0 drivers to the TBWinRE build. It looks like the drivers are available to download from Lenovo's site.
For example, the download file might be g1ys12ww.exe. Running the download will let you extract the files to a folder on your hard drive (e.g. C:\DRIVERS). You can stop the wizard after the files are extracted since they don't need to be installed (the last page has an option to install them). Then copy the drivers into the TBWinRE\Drivers folder (e.g. C:\TBWinRE\Drivers). In this example, you'd copy the C:\DRIVERS\WIN\USB3.0\Drivers\Win7\x64 folder into C:\TBWinRE\Drivers. Finally, recreate the TBWinRE build.
For example, the download file might be g1ys12ww.exe. Running the download will let you extract the files to a folder on your hard drive (e.g. C:\DRIVERS). You can stop the wizard after the files are extracted since they don't need to be installed (the last page has an option to install them). Then copy the drivers into the TBWinRE\Drivers folder (e.g. C:\TBWinRE\Drivers). In this example, you'd copy the C:\DRIVERS\WIN\USB3.0\Drivers\Win7\x64 folder into C:\TBWinRE\Drivers. Finally, recreate the TBWinRE build.