After I have made a complete hard disk backup using the offline mode of IFL (i.e., its CD environment), can I later use IFW within Windows, not in CD environment, to make Backup (Changes Only) so that I can combine the two for an ongoing backup data? My system is 64-bit Win 7, and I use IFW 2.79. I have made the backup from the machine's internal hard disk to a second hard disk attached to a USB port.
Also, when would a person not want to use the following Backup Option, because it sounds like a good thing; but there is no mention from what I saw in the Help file of when it should not be used except to say that it is not available as an option with CD or with backward compatibility enabled:
"Speed up Changes Only Backup – Select this option to have Image for Windows create a hash file to speed up creating a Changes Only backup."
IFW Backup Changes Only
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFW Backup Changes Only
Yes, but you may have to use one of the /relax options if it says it can't
find a matching drive.
The hash file takes up space, so if space was tight, maybe you wouldn't want
it, or you don't trust hashes, etc..
"userX" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
After I have made a complete hard disk backup using the offline mode of IFL
(i.e., its CD environment), can I later use IFW within Windows, not in CD
environment, to make Backup (Changes Only) so that I can combine the two for
an ongoing backup data? My system is 64-bit Win 7, and I use IFW 2.79. I
have made the backup from the machine's internal hard disk to a second hard
disk attached to a USB port.
Also, when would a person not want to use the following Backup Option,
because it sounds like a good thing; but there is no mention from what I saw
in the Help file of when it should not be used except to say that it is not
available as an option with CD or with backward compatibility enabled:
"Speed up Changes Only Backup - Select this option to have Image for Windows
create a hash file to speed up creating a Changes Only backup."
find a matching drive.
The hash file takes up space, so if space was tight, maybe you wouldn't want
it, or you don't trust hashes, etc..
"userX" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
After I have made a complete hard disk backup using the offline mode of IFL
(i.e., its CD environment), can I later use IFW within Windows, not in CD
environment, to make Backup (Changes Only) so that I can combine the two for
an ongoing backup data? My system is 64-bit Win 7, and I use IFW 2.79. I
have made the backup from the machine's internal hard disk to a second hard
disk attached to a USB port.
Also, when would a person not want to use the following Backup Option,
because it sounds like a good thing; but there is no mention from what I saw
in the Help file of when it should not be used except to say that it is not
available as an option with CD or with backward compatibility enabled:
"Speed up Changes Only Backup - Select this option to have Image for Windows
create a hash file to speed up creating a Changes Only backup."