Is it possible to put the GUI version of Image for Linux on the same media our backups go onto? I seem to end up with the CUI version, if I get anything at all.
I've tried burning to DVDs from IFL GUI, and I get a CUI version of IFL when I boot from the media.
I've tried using BingBurn to create DVDs from a single-file backup, but I cannot choose IFL, it seems, let alone IFL GUI.
What am I pathetically overlooking? It's got to be simpler than I'm making it out to be...
IFL GUI on backup disks
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: IFL GUI on backup disks
Yes, when you burn a restore disc (CD/DVD) directly from IFL (GUI) boot media, you will always get an IFL (GUI) restore disc. That's automatic, and there's no other option. (conversely, if the boot media is IFL (CUI), then all restore discs created from it will be IFL (CUI)
For IFW, the default restore disc will be IFD. However, you can get an IFL (GUI) restore disc from IFW by installing the "Image for Windows - Linux (GUI) CD Boot Files" package that is available from the Product Download page for registered users. Once that is installed, go into the IFW settings dialog, and select "Image for Linux" for the CD Boot Image.
For IFW, the default restore disc will be IFD. However, you can get an IFL (GUI) restore disc from IFW by installing the "Image for Windows - Linux (GUI) CD Boot Files" package that is available from the Product Download page for registered users. Once that is installed, go into the IFW settings dialog, and select "Image for Linux" for the CD Boot Image.
-
Timothy J. McGowan
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:12 am
Re: IFL GUI on backup disks
Thanks for the prompt response!
Huh. I sincerely thought that I'd ended up with a CUI bootable disk when creating media from IFL GUI. Sorry for the dumb question. I'll run it again tonight and boot from the media again.
Huh. I sincerely thought that I'd ended up with a CUI bootable disk when creating media from IFL GUI. Sorry for the dumb question. I'll run it again tonight and boot from the media again.