HalinQuincy wrote:
> hi,
> I was a bit surprised when I plugged my usb 3.0 external drive
> into my USB 3.0 add in card and it didn't show up in IFL. I'm guessing
> that; had the USB 3.0 been integrated and seen by the Mboard bios, then IFL
> would have recognized it. But I'm not sure. I'd sure like to know if there
> is a way to include the drivers (for usb 3.0 addin cards) in the iso. Maybe
> using iso buster or something similar? I've been backing up to a Maxtor
> SSII NAS, but it's glacially slow.

I've got 4 machines I'd like to b/u
> via usb 3.0 external drives.
> Hoping this can be done.
>
> Mahalo, HalinQuincy
Generally, USB 3.0 support does work in IFL. I'd suggest creating a report from IFL so hopefully we can see what driver is missing, or what else might be causing the drive not to show up. Of course, ensure that the USB 3.0 drive is plugged in when creating the report.
To do that, run the comand 'viewreport' from a command prompt (a terminal window if using IFL GUI). That will create the file report.txt in the current directory (/tbu/report.txt). From there, mount a drive or partition (such as a USB flash drive) to save the file to so it can be emailed to support. If needed, you can run the command 'savereport' for some basic help in mounting a drive or partition.
You can email the file to me at
[email protected]