Hello,
I am new here and I never used Image For Windows before. Been a long time user of Acronis true Image Home edition (2009/2010/2011). Currently I am having an issue with ATI of an error when using the rescue media. It does not detect any hard drive when suing their Linux cd. In Windows it does and that scenario is useless to me. So I am jumping in to use IFW. Pardon also if my questions will be so newbie on IFW. I really have not used it yet.
Along this line I would like to ask for some info from you guys if there was any of this issues with your product on that scenario or has there been any reported issues like that on IFW..?
I wanna know what to expect and do when this happens. The shock/anxiety when I want to recover an image and BAM it will say I have no hdd's and can't recover aything is very frustrating. Image backups are very important these days that even myself can't go and use a system without one.
May I ask and seek some advance guidelines say, what to expect and do on(if ever):
a. non-detection of hardisk drives
b. non-detection of external storage outside the Windows environment
c. issue related to this problem I am having as close to Acronis non-detection of drives.
As to how I backup, I do regular backups "manually". I do not do 'autobackups' as I want to know and see what I backup. Mostly whole drive / parition backups. I do not at this time automate it. All backups are saved in a separate internal hard drive and external exansion drive.
I often run a triple-boot-scenario on a single hard drive. One XP SP3 which will contain the boot folder for the 2nd and 3rd partitions:
Western Digital Drive 1:
X partition - XP SP3 - Primary/Active/System drive
Y partition - Windows 7 x32
Z partition - Windows 7 x64
Western Digital Drive 2: (logical drive)
Q partition - Office files
R partition - Personal files / Software applications
S partition - Image Backups
Western Digital External drive:
Personal Backups
Image Backup
I usually backup that whole hard drive to a single image. Recovering one/two partitions from that image or the whole image itself. I do that when I wanna to start fresh, say, from a bunggled attempt on a new software test/use/trial or when the regisrty is borked. I seldom use the XP partition(mostly the Windows 7 x32).
On a triple-boot-scenario, can I recover just one of the partitions from a single image backup in IFW?
On the 'Western Digital Drive 2:' same backup/recovery. Mostly I do all recovery using th rescue media of the app I use(as in the case of Acronis/Paragon/Macrium free).
On that premise and short understanding of how I backup, how can IFW be very effective and efficient for me?
Thank you so much