I have verified that, when I boot into the IFL CD environment, which I tend to think of as being offline (i.e., not in my regular OS environment on the disk), by using TBIView, I am able to access the file system of a backup job that had been made either with IFW while I was in Windows or one made with IFL while I was offline in the IFL CD environment. In other words, IFL lets me see the filesystems from both kinds of backup job. However, I also found that, when I use TBIView while inside Windows for viewing a file system from these backup jobs, I can similarly access the file system from a backup job that I had made with IFW while within Windows, but I am not likewise able to access the file system from a backup job that I had made with IFL while offline. Is this expected behavior? It does not pose any particular problem, but I do want to know if there is a way to view it from within Windows which I may have overlooked?
Additionally, while I was exploring TBIView and its Help file looking for an answer about this, I saw in TBIView's menu:
TBIView menu View > Options there is a check box for "Maintain Indexes, and in TBIView's Help file section explaining Image Indexes it states:
"Image indexes can be created in two different ways:
· Automatically, by opening an image (.IMG) file for the first time using the TBIView interface."
However, when I look at the backup files created by IFL, I cannot see any files having suffixes such as "filename.img". So, what exactly are .IMG files and why do I not see any files on my PC with that extension? Thanks.