Updated TBIView and TBIMount

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

I just downloaded updated versions of tbiview and tbimount. They downloaded as zip files. After extracting the files, there are no .exe files and no install files. I was hoping I could just replace the old files with the newer versions but I guess not. If somebody could tell me how to get this stuff to work without getting too technical, it would greatly appreciated. I want to use them on both of my Dell laptops, one running windows 10 and the other one running windows 11.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

Download the Windows version from the Image for DOS or Image for Windows download pages.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

i downloaded the image for windows version. There was an .exe file for installation. After Installation I tried to open the IFL file I had just created. TBIMount would let me see the partitions in the image but there was no partition C: or OS. There was a partition that was large and probably the main OS partition but TBIMount would not mount it. I love your products, and they have always worked for me on all of my computers over the years until I got my latest Laptop running Windows 11. I know you have to adjust you products to work on the changing technology. I have been using computers since the days of the Apple 2 in the 'late 70's, but I'm not a computer wizard by any means. What I can do is follow clear directions and it's beginning to look like that's not enough anymore. The IFL program said the image was completed successfully so it seems like the issue is with TBIView and TBIMount. Your suggestions for how I can get this solved will be welcomed but I must say i'm getting pretty discouraged.
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Is the Windows partition encrypted with BitLocker? Many Windows 11 installations are encrypted by default.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

No, I suspended bitlocker from a command prompt with manage-bde -protectors -disable c: It was suggested that suspending bitlocker was safer than turning it off. Is it possible for bitlocker to be causing a problem even though it's supposedly not active?
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Linux (IFL) would still see the partition as encrypted. You would need to boot into Windows-based boot media like TBWinRE to see it unlocked. If you need TBIView/TBIMount access to the partition you would normally back it up from Windows using IFW and VSS.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

TBIHD is another option.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

How about if I turned off Bitlocker completely, which would decrypt the drive totally. According to Microsoft turning off Bitlocker would decrypt the drive in in about 60 to 90 minutes. Would that solve the problem?
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Yes, disabling BitLocker (turning it off) would also work. Depending on the type of drive, it may only take a few minutes to decrypt.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

Ok -- I'm going to do that. Afterward, I'm going to make a clean install of all the software and redo everything. It'll take a while, but I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks for staying with me!
Post Reply