Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11

Post by jack450 »

I'm using IFL ver3.24 Gui, and I know I should have updated long ago, but I don't do anything fancy with IFL. I just create an image every so often just in case the worst happens, and the version I'm using works perfectly with my Dell laptop running Windows 10 so I never felt the need to update. I just bought a new Dell 15 laptop DC1250 and booting the disk seems to work just fine until the screen goes completely black. I know the disk is ok, or at least ok booting up in my Windows 10 computer, so there must be some setting in Windows 11 that I don't know about. Any ideas?
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11

Post by OldNavyGuy »

Likely a graphics driver issue.

Pick the lowest resolution available if IFL gets to the selection screen.

You might also need to change to legacy boot mode in the BIOS.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11

Post by TeraByte Support »

first thing you'd try is the latest version.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Booting With External DVD Drive in Windows 11

Post by jack450 »

I did in fact download a later version (3.64) and it booted up just fine. Unfortunately, this version made my TBIView and TBIMount obsolete so that something else I have to fix.
Post Reply