BootNow: "EMBR not found!"

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
Mrx
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

BootNow: "EMBR not found!"

Post by Mrx »

I have Windows 10 on one partition, and IFL on another partition.

Just installed BooIt UEFI 2.12 and created new boot menu entry for IFL.

This works fine and I can boot to either OS.

Now trying to use BootNow from batch file/shortcut to boot into IFL when in Win. I'm using "bootnow 2" (as IFL second entry) and run as admin, but it just showws error "EMBR not found!".

I have two SSD's in system, and confirmed in both BootIt and Win Dik Management that disk with Win and IFL partition's, and BootIt is HD0.

I can't boot using Legacy mode, and secure boot is disabled.

Any idea's ?
Mrx
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: BootNow: "EMBR not found!"

Post by Mrx »

Forgot to mention the disk is of type GPT, so not finding the EMBR makes sense as it's GPT.

Can I use BootNow to launch an menu entry in BootIt UEFI on a GPT disk ?
Mrx
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

SOLVED: Re: BootNow: "EMBR not found!"

Post by Mrx »

i was using the old BootNow. Once I realised I needed the new BootNow™ UEFI (ie. bootnowu64.exe), it worked perfectly.
Post Reply