I will apologize up front if I am just missing info already linked or posted. I have searched the FAQ and this forum, but I easily could have missed something.
I have used the Image for Windows backup solution for many years, and still use V3.64 faithfully on all my old machines. Having said that, I have a new Windows 11 machine and am curious if I can still use 3.64 with it? Are there any known gotchas to watch out for using the older 3.64? What would I gain if I upgraded to V4.x? I am on a fixed income now and don't upgrade to the latest and greatest as I once did, unless there is a powerful reason to do so.
Many thanks.
Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
Version 3.64 boot media will not work with the new 2023 Secure Boot certificates.
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
Ah, important! Many thanks for that.OldNavyGuy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 5:29 pm Version 3.64 boot media will not work with the new 2023 Secure Boot certificates.
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
Even if Secure Boot is disabled?
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
If Secure Boot is disabled in the BIOS, there are no signature and certificate checks.
However, you lose the protection of Secure Boot when it's turned off.
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
I decided to upgrade to 4.12, but the BMT Micro page was borked and wouldn't give me any discount. TeraByte Unlimited asked me to work with them directly (not sure why). It took two days of constant back and forth with no fix forthcoming, although they admitted it was on their end. They kept telling me they had fixed it, but it kept failing. I finally got BMT to provide a direct link with an equivalent discount, so I'm good now.
Re: Reasons to upgrade from 3.64 to 4.x
One thing not to skip on, even if short on fund's + good to support best-in-class item, with responsive developer support. Keep's the wheel's turning. Nice People running it too + extremely generous with update's + can speak to developer direct and have a conversation.
Just buy/upgrade to full Image/BootIt collection - One thing you won't regret.
EDIT: See you did buy, but why from BMT Micro, rather than direct ?
Ultimately, Best-In-Class software for backup job!
Just buy/upgrade to full Image/BootIt collection - One thing you won't regret.
EDIT: See you did buy, but why from BMT Micro, rather than direct ?
Ultimately, Best-In-Class software for backup job!