Hi, all members
I would like to create the following system using the latest version of BootIt® Collection
First, I want to install Windows 10 Pro x64 on one SSD (4TB),
and then create 10 partitions by copying the installed Windows partition.
Then there will be 10 partitions with Windows installed, right?
This is the system I want.
*My Laptop Hardware Specs*
(1) Brand & Model: Lenovo Yoga 7 16IAH7 - Type 82UF
(2) BIOS : UEFI
(3) CPU : Intel i7 12th Gen
(4) SSD : Samsung 990 Pro (PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD)
(5) Memory : 16GB
(6) Drive Type : GPT
Everyone! Is this possible?
I downloaded and reviewed the manual, but the explanation is insufficient.
I also searched for information on forums, but...
I ask for advice from experts.
Thank you.
deler123
UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
-
deler123-+
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
deler123,
Yes, that's possible. After installing BIU to the empty drive, resize your ESP to 1000 MiB. 400 MiB might not be large enough for 10 booting files.
Yes, that's possible. After installing BIU to the empty drive, resize your ESP to 1000 MiB. 400 MiB might not be large enough for 10 booting files.
-
deler123-+
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Thank you, Brian K.
Is there a video tutorial available for creating this type of project?
For reference, the SSD I have has a capacity of 4TB.
I have a follow-up question:
Can I restore an Acronis True Image backup file (.tib)
to a partition created using BootIt® Collection?
Is there a video tutorial available for creating this type of project?
For reference, the SSD I have has a capacity of 4TB.
I have a follow-up question:
Can I restore an Acronis True Image backup file (.tib)
to a partition created using BootIt® Collection?
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
deler123,
Have you started the project yet? Have you installed BIU and the first Win10 Pro?
Have you started the project yet? Have you installed BIU and the first Win10 Pro?
-
deler123-+
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
No.
I’ve ordered a laptop,
and it should arrive in a few days.
Before starting the project,
I think I need to familiarize myself with how to use the BootIt® Collection.
I would appreciate some advice.
I’ve ordered a laptop,
and it should arrive in a few days.
Before starting the project,
I think I need to familiarize myself with how to use the BootIt® Collection.
I would appreciate some advice.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
I think it's best to give multi stage advice. A little at a time so you and I don't get confused.
Will the laptop have an OS installed or do you plan to install your empty 4 TB SSD and install the OS yourself?
Will the laptop have an OS installed or do you plan to install your empty 4 TB SSD and install the OS yourself?
-
deler123-+
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
I plan to install an empty 4TB SSD and install the OS myself.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
Back to your original post, when you copy the partitions, tick the box to add to boot menu. But do as was mentioned, ensure you have a fairly large EFI System partition.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
OK. I assume your current computer is a UEFI system. Make a BootIt UEFI USB flash drive (UFD). There are good instructions in the manual. Boot the UFD in your current system but don't select Install. Select Maintenance. This takes you to the BIU desktop. BIU is running from the UFD.deler123-+ wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2026 2:38 pm I plan to install an empty 4TB SSD and install the OS myself.
Click Partition Work. The Bus will be OS. If you have more than one Drive, click the drop down arrow to select the drive containing the EFI System Partition. This is just an exercise to prepare you for using BIU on the laptop.
Click Close, Reboot, remove the UFD.
Re: UEFI & GTP & Multi-OS & Multi-Partition Installation
A good video...
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/
Click BootIt UEFI
Remember, after installing BIU you should resize the EFI System Partition to 1000 MiB. Then install Win10 as per the video.
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/
Click BootIt UEFI
Remember, after installing BIU you should resize the EFI System Partition to 1000 MiB. Then install Win10 as per the video.