Basic TBIView info

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Bob Coleman
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Basic TBIView info

Post by Bob Coleman »

I wouldn't call Bootit another IFW add-on. It's a separate product BootIt Collection primarily for booting multiple operating systems on the same PC and these days consisting mostly of Bootit Bare Metal (BIBM) for non-UEFI systems and Bootit UEFI (BIU) for UEFI systems. Probably not something you want or need if you're not interested in multi-booting.

Back to the subject of TBIView, etc. I can provide some information here, but then I run out of knowledge.

Note that when you install the TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite, TBIView, TBIMount, and TBIHD are installed at least optionally. There are check boxes to enable or disable their installation.

I understand and have used TBIView in the past but never use it anymore because I prefer TBIMount. When TBIMount opens a backup (tbi) file it gives a list of the partitions in the backup and the option to select one which is then presented as another drive letter from which files can be viewed and copied.

At least on my system, when I (double)click a backup (tbi) file it is shown in TBIMount. I don't remember if that's a default that I somehow set.

TBIHD is where I run out of knowledge. It seems to create some kind of virtual disk representation of the entire contents of the backup (tbi) file. I don't understand what one would do with that virtual disk.
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Basic TBIView info

Post by OldNavyGuy »

TBIMount vs TBIHD -

viewtopic.php?t=3100
Jeff H
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2026 2:48 am

Re: Basic TBIView info

Post by Jeff H »

Thanks Bob and ONG. Very helpful information. I'm definitely starting to feel more comfortable with IFW. My needs are pretty basic and I'm seeing how things work, so I will probably buy it today. All your input is much appreciated.

- Jeff
Post Reply