Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Hi,

I just ordered a GMKtec mini PC. Apparently the actual model is "GMKtec NucBox M2 Pro S", and it comes with Windows 11 Pro installed, and I was wondering if any here has used either BIU or maybe BIBM with this machine?

I'll probably do some testing with it with the out-of-box Win 11 Pro, and then do a clean re-install Windows 11 Pro later.

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by TeraByte Support »

Looks a lot like the Intel NUC, they operate just like normal PCs.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Ok, thanks. Yes I think the original name was that one with "NucBox" in the name.

I will probably upgrade the primary NVME to 2 or 4 TB, so I should use BIU (rather than BIBM) with it, correct?
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by Brian K »

BIU. You will have plenty of disk space so I suggest leaving the original Win11 in place. Resize the Win11 partition to a sensible size. Then create a new NTFS partition and install your own Win11.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by TeraByte Support »

GPT (UEFI) would use the full size, (E)MBR (legacy) would use up to 2TiB (unless the sector size was > 512 bytes, in which case it would more).
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Has anyone used BIU (or maybe BIBM) with GMKtec mini PC?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Just following up. BIU working fine with the GMKtec, which was an M2 Pro, but I am replacing that with an M3 Plus, mainly because the M2 Pro is 4/8 cores/threads, and the M3 Plus will have 14/20 cores/threads (I am trying to use these to host VirtualBox guests).

Jim
Post Reply