Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Do I need to disable Trim in my OS's or will it not interfere with BIU?
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
plain,
Is TRIM working in BIU?
Is TRIM working in BIU?
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
You don't need to turn it off.
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
I didn't look to see if it is enabled in BIU thinking I should find out more info. Thanks for the help.
-
cautiousma
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 14, 2026 6:56 am
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
You generally don’t need to disable TRIM in Windows 10 or 11 when using BIU. Modern SSDs handle TRIM properly, and Windows manages it automatically in the background. I’ve been running with TRIM enabled without any noticeable issues or interference.
That said, if you’re doing specific rollback/testing scenarios, it may be worth checking the documentation for your exact setup and SSD model.
That said, if you’re doing specific rollback/testing scenarios, it may be worth checking the documentation for your exact setup and SSD model.
Re: Disable Trim in Windows 10, 11?
Okay, Thanks.