I have two .TBI backups of a particular drive but I cannot view the files with TBIview on either backup. The error message is as shown in the attachment. The two.TBI files are on an external hard drive. I suspect that what may have happened is that I made the backups while Bitlocker was being used on the source drive. I now no longer use Bitlocker, so this is probably causing the error. Perhaps I can restore Bitlocker, but I don't really want to do this on the whole machine, if this can be avoided (It is dual booting Windows 11 and Linux Zorin).
Can anyone suggest a way to be able to access the .TBI files?
Bitlocker issue with IFW
Bitlocker issue with IFW
- Attachments
-
- Screenshot 2026-04-13 172727.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 81651 times
Re: Bitlocker issue with IFW
I have been thinking further about this. Maybe, the thing to do is to enable Bitlocker on an empty drive and then move the .TBI files over to that drive. Perhaps the files will then be readable or the drive could be decrypted by disabling Bitlocker. I wonder if this would work.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Bitlocker issue with IFW
It's covered in this kb article: https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... -programs/