I bought a used laptop that I wanted to completely erase then install BIU, Windows 11 Pro, and Linux Mint. I first reset all BIOS settings to default and disabled Secure Boot. I deleted all partitions using BIU 2.10, then installed it to the SSD using defaults. Then, according to the BIU manual, I created the Windows partition in BIU and set it up in Boot Edit. I pointed the boot loader to the ESP. Then when I attempt to boot that menu item I receive the following error messages. This also happens when I simulate the boot.
Could not create MokListRT: Volume Full
Could not create MokListXRT: Volume Full
Could not create SbatLevelRT: Volume Full
Could not create MokListTrustedRT: Volume Full
Something has gone seriously wrong: import_mok_state() failed: Volume Full
I increased the size of the ESP to 1GB but get the same errors. Anyone know what these error indicate?
Mok errors
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Mok errors
for UEFI you don't create the boot item manually, you install the OS. See the BIU example at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/
Re: Mok errors
Do you get the errors after enabling Secure Boot?
-
resistancesecondary
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2026 9:29 am
Re: Mok errors
That's right, this error looks a bit scary, but it's usually due to full UEFI NVRAM, not ESP
Try resetting Secure Boot keys or deleting old boot entries in the BIOS. If Secure Boot is enabled, try disabling it and booting again. For Windows 11 or Linux Mint, it's better to let the installer handle the boot process; don't manually set it in the BIOSGeometry Dash
Last edited by resistancesecondary on Wed Apr 22, 2026 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.