Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Fixboot.tbs should act on the ESP on the 8100. That's where the Microsoft.xxx are located. Do you mean fixboot.tbs created an ESP on the 860?
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Is your 8100 Hard Drive 0 in BIU?
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

My ESP is on HD 0 in one computer and HD 4 in another computer. As seen in BIU.
Friendly
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Friendly »

When I ran fixboot.tbs, it rebuilt a new EFI on the 860, which I believe was about 512MB in size.
I’m not sure which post it was, but I mentioned it to PP. I feel like I’ve gotten too invested in this, and in the end, I’ll just run two extra drives, a scratch disk and a test disk.
Since the BIOS shows different sizes and brands, telling them apart won’t be an issue. What I thought would be simple turned into more of a struggle, at least for me :D So this time, I’ll stick with what’s worked for me :lol: This shouldn’t be so difficult, but for me, it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian, I have to say, I got more help from you than I expected, and I’m grateful for that. I’ll keep in touch.
Thank you again.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

You missed this...

Is your 8100 Hard Drive 0 in BIU?

My ESP is on HD 0 in one computer and HD 4 in another computer. As seen in BIU.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

If your ESP and Win11 are not on HD0 then my fixboot.tbs instructions on page 10 are incorrect. If your ESP and Win11 are on HD1 then follow this. My HD4 would be your HD1.
Attachments
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (29.88 KiB) Viewed 27181 times
Last edited by Brian K on Tue Mar 24, 2026 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

More
Attachments
bb.jpg
bb.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 27181 times
cc.jpg
cc.jpg (44.1 KiB) Viewed 27181 times
dd.jpg
dd.jpg (21.86 KiB) Viewed 27181 times
Friendly
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Friendly »

Sorry for the delayed reply, I got quite busy.
Thanks, Brian, for the screenshots. I’ll give it another try, I can’t seem to leave it alone, and sorry I’ll respond to your question soon, just short on time right now.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

In the following screenshots Win11 and the ESP are on HD0. The copy is on HD1.
Attachments
1aa.jpg
1aa.jpg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 27168 times
1bb.jpg
1bb.jpg (17.78 KiB) Viewed 27168 times
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

More
Attachments
1cc.jpg
1cc.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 27167 times
1dd.jpg
1dd.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 27167 times
1ee.jpg
1ee.jpg (67.94 KiB) Viewed 27167 times
Post Reply