Thank you so much. I've really enjoyed my time learning.
Have a splendid day.
Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
This is just of interest. It's not something you will need to do at this time.
Say you inadvertently delete a Boot Item. You want to create a Boot Item from scratch.
In BIU, Run, fixboot.tbs
This creates a Microsoft.xxx
Boot Edit, Add
Fill in the fields. In Boot File, reference Microsoft.xxx
I'm glad I've helped.
Say you inadvertently delete a Boot Item. You want to create a Boot Item from scratch.
In BIU, Run, fixboot.tbs
This creates a Microsoft.xxx
Boot Edit, Add
Fill in the fields. In Boot File, reference Microsoft.xxx
I'm glad I've helped.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
You have helped a lot. Thank you again
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
I ran into a small issue. After shrinking the SN8100 to fit onto the 860 during the copy, everything works fine. Then I resize the SN8100 back to its org. size and it’s still all good, but as soon as I will try to resize even slightly, the 860, there’s a boot problem. I think I know the reason and hope you can confirm.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
I haven't seen that issue. What sort of boot problem?
Can Support please comment?
Can Support please comment?
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
Since I only copy the OS partition and not all partitions, I’m not sure if the copied drive retains anything boot-related. It might not make sense, but when I was shrinking the main drive SN8100, then copied it to the 860, I resized the SN back to its original size and felt like I might have deleted something in the process. I’m now reinstalling Windows from an image to the main drive to see if that makes a difference and to find out if I actually deleted anything, or if it’s unrelated.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
If you also restored the ESP, your Boot Item for the Win11 copy will not be present.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
That is the thing, I haven't got to that point. I know its something I'm doing incorrectly, not that I see it atm. but once I have more time and revisit this I'm sure I will see it.
I have started all from scratch. Restored image I saved for my main drive. Installed BIU resized only OS partition to fit 860 copied and added boot menu. Afterwords renamed it both drives as you described and then upon reboot I booted to main drive but windows found issue with the other drive. It worked at first and was all good, then I started having issues with boot. I know something I doing wrong, you couldn't be more clear with your guide and I will revisit this thread again soon enough, but for now I am just tired :lol
I'm trying to juggle to many things at once, not paying off. My son is in Calgary med school and I'm going to see him in few days so I'm trying to get ready, then this on little sleep, not working well. I will be back soon enough for more help if you wont mind.
For now thank you very much and stay safe.
I have started all from scratch. Restored image I saved for my main drive. Installed BIU resized only OS partition to fit 860 copied and added boot menu. Afterwords renamed it both drives as you described and then upon reboot I booted to main drive but windows found issue with the other drive. It worked at first and was all good, then I started having issues with boot. I know something I doing wrong, you couldn't be more clear with your guide and I will revisit this thread again soon enough, but for now I am just tired :lol
I'm trying to juggle to many things at once, not paying off. My son is in Calgary med school and I'm going to see him in few days so I'm trying to get ready, then this on little sleep, not working well. I will be back soon enough for more help if you wont mind.
For now thank you very much and stay safe.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
My only thought is to resize your main Win11 to 100000 MiB and do the BIU copy. See if that makes a difference. At least you will get a smaller Win11 copy.
Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS
I did exactly that, yet no go. There must be something silly I'm overlooking, because it did work at first after I follow your instructions. not today, but at some point, I will attempt again and hopefully I will be able to see my mistake