IFU writing/reading images to/from externalUSB connected BTRFS partitions

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
brucebne
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:01 am

IFU writing/reading images to/from externalUSB connected BTRFS partitions

Post by brucebne »

As the subject indicates, I am interested to know if the latest edition of IFU supports using BTRFS partitions as a backup medium.
I have a registered version of IFU and Bootit UEFI form 2024, but it didn't recognise en external USB connected BTRFS.

IFU would also not write an image to an external USB connected EXT4 partition. But I could write the partition to a local ExT4, then copy it to external EXT4.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: IFU writing/reading images to/from externalUSB connected BTRFS partitions

Post by TeraByte Support »

you can write to FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/Ext 2/3/4. All support for disk IO comes from your UEFI firmware.

If you want BTRFS then use Image for Linux and mount it in linux and save using the "file" option rather than "direct".
Post Reply