IFW Setup

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
jaydub
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 am

IFW Setup

Post by jaydub »

I downloaded the BootIt Collection V2 and made discs of Image for UEFI and Image for DOS. As far as Image for Windows, there used to be a UEFI version and a BIOS version. No doubt the UEFI version is on the aforementioned Image for UEFI disc. But where do I find the BIOS version of IFW?

Also, the product key for Image and UEFI and Image for DOS are the same, except the UEFI one ends in -XXX and the DOS one ends in -XXXX. Am I missing something?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: IFW Setup

Post by TeraByte Support »

Image for DOS would be for a traditional BIOS / Image for UEFI for UEFI, but really, most use either Image for Linux or Image for Windows which boot in either traditional BIOS or UEFI mode and are typically much faster.

The keys for IFD/IFU would be the same ending with -XXXX
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: IFW Setup

Post by Bob Coleman »

If you downloaded BootIt Collection V2, you wouldn't get Image for Windows with that.

Image for Windows is part of TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite. Current version is 4.10.
jaydub
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 am

Re: IFW Setup

Post by jaydub »

Image for DOS would be for a traditional BIOS / Image for UEFI for UEFI, but really, most use either Image for Linux or Image for Windows which boot in either traditional BIOS or UEFI mode and are typically much faster.
I'm sorry I still don't understand. You say that most people use Image for Windows as they are much faster. Faster than what? Are there three flavors of Image for Windows: Image for DOS, Image for UEFI and Image for Windows? I don't get it. What is Image for Windows as opposed to Image for DOS and Image for UEFI?
jaydub
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 am

Re: IFW Setup

Post by jaydub »

Never mind. I figured it out. Sorry for the hassle.
Post Reply