I need to have 2 W11 on the same PC but on different SSD
I have installed W11 on each SSD
On the 1sth SSD W11 I can see a MS Reserved Partition, the data and bootable partition and another partition called Windows RE
On the 2nd SSD W!! I can see only a MS Reserved Partition and the data bootable partition
WHY ?
The strange is that on the 1sth W11 I can find the Bootable partition in HIDE atomatically every time i'm starting the 2nd W11
WHY that ?
I done some mistake ?
Tks
Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
-
luca.rings
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am
Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
- Attachments
-
- 1000017194_b.jpg (141.74 KiB) Viewed 44526 times
-
- 1000017193_b.jpg (141.54 KiB) Viewed 44526 times
-
- 1000017192_b.jpg (191.55 KiB) Viewed 44526 times
-
luca.rings
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
Other photo
- Attachments
-
- 1000017197_b.jpg (196.27 KiB) Viewed 44521 times
-
- 1000017196_b.jpg (189.75 KiB) Viewed 44521 times
-
- 1000017195_b.jpg (187.31 KiB) Viewed 44521 times
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
luca.rings, can you give labels to the two RE partitions. It will make it easier to read the partitions. Rather than having a blank label.
Can you scroll down and show us the partitions for HD 1. On the Microsoft.002 shot.
Can you scroll down and show us the partitions for HD 1. On the Microsoft.002 shot.
-
luca.rings
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
Tks
- Attachments
-
- 1000017233_b.jpg (207.36 KiB) Viewed 44493 times
-
- 1000017232_b.jpg (218.81 KiB) Viewed 44493 times
-
- 1000017231_b.jpg (246.39 KiB) Viewed 44493 times
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
The Games partition should be hidden when you boot Home.
The Home partition should be hidden when you boot Games.
That has been done.
You don't need to hide the MSR or the Recovery partition.
Is there a problem?
The Home partition should be hidden when you boot Games.
That has been done.
You don't need to hide the MSR or the Recovery partition.
Is there a problem?
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
Also, having a tick in MS: Hidden prevents that partition from loading into Windows.
-
luca.rings
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:40 am
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
You are right, Games partition hidden when i boot Home and Home hidden when i boot Games
and it's working well for Games partition
I explain, if I boot HOME partition 1th time it's ok i can work and a i can do restart or Shutdown without any problem
Also if i boot GAMES partition for the 1th time all it's ok
The issue happen if after boot GAMES i need to go to HOME with a restart, because i will find a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter of the HOME partition so i can't boot it !
The only solution is to go in the Partition Manager and deselect the MS:Hidden
BUT WHY after boot in GAMES automatically the HOME partition will have a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter ?
The strange is also that the issue is not happen if I boot GAMES and after i will restart to HOME

and it's working well for Games partition
I explain, if I boot HOME partition 1th time it's ok i can work and a i can do restart or Shutdown without any problem
Also if i boot GAMES partition for the 1th time all it's ok
The issue happen if after boot GAMES i need to go to HOME with a restart, because i will find a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter of the HOME partition so i can't boot it !
The only solution is to go in the Partition Manager and deselect the MS:Hidden
BUT WHY after boot in GAMES automatically the HOME partition will have a tick on the MS:Hidden parameter ?
The strange is also that the issue is not happen if I boot GAMES and after i will restart to HOME
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
In the Boot Items. Check the Properties of the Home partition. Do you have any Flags set? They aren't needed.
-
Bob Coleman
- Posts: 877
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
I don't understand. What's the difference between these two actions?luca.rings wrote: Fri Dec 26, 2025 9:04 am The issue happen if after boot GAMES i need to go to HOME with a restart, ...
The strange is also that the issue is not happen if I boot GAMES and after i will restart to HOME
Re: Bootable Partition set HIDE by default
luca.rings,
Would you mind telling us how you solved this issue?
Would you mind telling us how you solved this issue?