I had a laptop built many years ago and had about 15 partitions

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
Queed1956
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2025 3:24 am

I had a laptop built many years ago and had about 15 partitions

Post by Queed1956 »

Hello all ..I had a laptop built many years ago and had about 15 partitions and some were windows xp and some were windows 7 ultimate... That laptop crashed and i installed that hard drive in a similar machine but lost all partitions of windows xp .. The only partitions that worked was the windows 7 ultimate. Stupid me, tried to compress that drive and then when i tried to boot into it , bootlt bare metal says its compressed and wont boot into it... I cannot do any maintenance on it and dont know how to yet since the password to do maintenance is not known , someone else built this system.. Can someone guide me what tool of this software suite to use and a general overview how to do it..Much appreciated.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: I had a laptop built many years ago and had about 15 partitions

Post by TeraByte Support »

uncompress the partition. for maintenance password, one method is here viewtopic.php?p=1113&hilit=maintenance+password#p1113 - IIRC the new one you can boot to BootIt from boot media, go to partition work, highlight where installed, edit file, bootit.ini (or bootitbm.ini) and remove the password line.
Post Reply