Byte-for-Byte Validation Failure again

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Byte-for-Byte Validation Failure again

Post by OldNavyGuy »

I don't know much about ProtectIt and TeraByte_TBI_Backups.

However, ransomware can encrypt Windows-protected system files, so I don't know how ProtectIt would avoid that.
Gordon2M
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 01, 2025 11:39 am

Re: Byte-for-Byte Validation Failure again

Post by Gordon2M »

Thanks OldNavyGuy. I agree that using the secondary SSD would not be a good strategy. However, I used it as a temprary measure so that I could check out ways to do the imaging successfully and getting the result quicker than using an attached USB hard drive. It seems that I created more problems than I solved by using this strategy. I should have skipped this step as, in the end, the attached USB drive worked fine as the target.

Gordon
Post Reply