For the first time, ESET Security has flagged a "Suspicious Object" in the "terabyte_drive_image_backup_and_restore_suite_en_gui_v4" of the new 4.09 exe and quarantined it. Could there be something new causing this? It won’t allow the file to be downloaded or kept. Is there anything I can report to ESET, or that Terabyte could change in the installer exe?
Thank you
ESET reports Suspicious Object
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
You can submit it as a false positive, virtustotal doesn't find anything for Eset-nod32 so we can't point to whatever it's reporting.
See https://support.eset.com/en/kb141-submi ... SubmitFile
See https://support.eset.com/en/kb141-submi ... SubmitFile
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
Thank you, will do.
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
I had something similar
01 Dec 2025 09:20:11;Real-time file system protection;file;F:\Software\ImageWindows\terabyte_drive_image_backup_and_restore_suite_en_gui_v4 Ver4.0.9.exe;a variant of Generik.HOIFYLH trojan;cleaned
01 Dec 2025 09:20:11;Real-time file system protection;file;F:\Software\ImageWindows\terabyte_drive_image_backup_and_restore_suite_en_gui_v4 Ver4.0.9.exe;a variant of Generik.HOIFYLH trojan;cleaned
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
From virus total:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0ce ... 5b7337433b
5 of 65 shows a virus, what is going on?
Also Norton power eraser show a virus. File tbiview
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0ce ... 5b7337433b
5 of 65 shows a virus, what is going on?
Also Norton power eraser show a virus. File tbiview
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
This is to inform all of you that I had a similar situation while downloading the previous version (4.08), too.
I had to use the Mozilla browser in order to be able saving the suspected file anyway.
Considering the number of alerts, before install new versions I'll wait till the problems will be definitely solved.
I had to use the Mozilla browser in order to be able saving the suspected file anyway.
Considering the number of alerts, before install new versions I'll wait till the problems will be definitely solved.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: ESET reports Suspicious Object
There are 0 viruses. There was 1 false positive on the Full version of the Drive Image Suite (Linux image) that they resolved. The linux tbiview zip has 1 false positive currently. The link above that says 5 for the linux tbiview is actually saying 2, but it's really 1, just panda.