"Add to boot menu" option unavailable

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
skipro
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm

"Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Post by skipro »

When pasting copied OS partition on HD1 to a space on HD1, the "Add to boot menu" option is greyed out.
I have Bootit managing partitions.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Post by Brian K »

Are you copying a Linux partition? Or a Bitlocker partition?
skipro
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Post by skipro »

No, standard Win 11.
This is a backup of the primary OS. Thsere was a working copy that I deleted and recopied/pasted for an update. The EFI was already setup and working for the original copy situated on the same location. Would this affect this issue?
This is not the first time I have seen this.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Post by TeraByte Support »

is the EFI system partition on the same drive?
skipro
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: "Add to boot menu" option unavailable

Post by skipro »

I think so, computer unavailable to verify.
I had no problem modifying EFI because even though the partition name was the same, it did not carry over to the EFI file.
Fixboot had no issue seeing the partition.

Why does the location of the EFI system partition matter?
What are the circumstances that would make "Add to boot menu" option unavailable?
Post Reply