Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

Sorry for the previous late reply. House fixing.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by ohaya1000 »

I haven't been able to get the new boot item working. FYI, there doesn't seem to be a Microsoft.002. Also I am not 100% sure which files I need to hide, but I think the main problem is that I don't have the .002 file. I attach 4 screenshots:

1&2: the boot edit screenshots
3: the new boot menu
4: the error I get if I boot the WILLBE_WIN11 boot item

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ROArdW ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3jLbr ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZX4vSn ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ouJca ... sp=sharing


For original Windows 10 Boot Item:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrpU8I ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCkpN2 ... sp=sharing



Thanks,
Jim

EDIT: FYI, I am getting HTTP ERROR when I upload images... sorry
Last edited by ohaya1000 on Sat Aug 30, 2025 4:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

No screenshots yet.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Hi,

I kept getting HTTP errors when I tried to add the images, so I uploaded images to Google Drive and just added the links to the 4 images in my earlier message.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

I had to request access from the file owner to view the images.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

No reply from Google.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Brian,

What a mess :(... Sorry, I updated the links so they should work.... Can you try and let me know if you can see them now?

I used to be able to use IMGUR but I went on there and didn't think I wanted to post on there anymore :(...
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

Jim, I can see them now. Can you upload a photo of the OS Boot Item? Your original Win10. I assume you can still boot into the original Win10.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Brian,

I uploaded 2 new screenshots for the original Win10 boot item on the earlier post.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Clone Windows 10 Partion then Upgrade to Win11?

Post by Brian K »

Jim, note how the Boot File is incorrect for WILLBE_WIN11.

Can you do this for that Boot Item. Detailed instructions...

click Browse
double click the .. on the top left side of the white area
double click Microsoft.002 (it should be 002, maybe 003)
double click Boot
scroll down to bootmgfw.efi (almost at the bottom)
select it and click OK
OK on the Edit Menu Item page
OK on the Menu items

Try booting the item
Post Reply