Hi
I install IFW and enter my credentials during the install process before letting it restart the pc. Afterwards i create WinRE usb boot media, rescue media. Boot into it to test it. And there i get a prompt asking for my credentials, again, instead of "just functioning" as it usually does, i fill them in. Close the program and restart the pc into the usb again to see if all is working ok now without a prompt. But it asks again for credentials. This goes on and on and... .
This is unusual behaviour according to experience. So why does this happen and how do i get rid of the prompt?
Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
you're probably not entering the correct name/key pair for the correct product or product version. You can contact support or log in to the download portal to check.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
Since it accepts the credentials and activates the program when installing, that can not be possible. Besides, i know for sure it is the right product.
Last edited by pb1 on Sun Aug 17, 2025 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
it doesn't validate anything during install, you have to run the program itself to determine if it was correct.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
When you create the ISO file there is a screen where you can enter your user name and license number (this is specific to the creation of the ISO for an external boot drive, not the general installation of the program). If you enter the information at this time, the ISO file will contain your license info and not ask for it when you run the program.
If you don't enter the license info when creating the ISO, it will ask for the info each time you run the program from the external boot drive.
If you don't follow/understand what I'm describing, let me know and I can probably supply a relevant screenshot.
If you don't enter the license info when creating the ISO, it will ask for the info each time you run the program from the external boot drive.
If you don't follow/understand what I'm describing, let me know and I can probably supply a relevant screenshot.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
Muad'Dib,
When I create the TBWinRE ISO, the first screen has my IFW name and key filled out. Do you see blank fields?
When I create the TBWinRE ISO, the first screen has my IFW name and key filled out. Do you see blank fields?
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
Brian,
The fields have that info now, because at some point I checked the "Save selections for next time" box in the beginning steps when using MakeDisk to create the ISO.
I'm not certain, but I think a long time ago, the "Save selections..." option didn't exist (or I didn't notice it, which is quite possible), because I've always kept a text file in my IFW folder with the license info (and other settings) to copy and paste into those fields.
The fields have that info now, because at some point I checked the "Save selections for next time" box in the beginning steps when using MakeDisk to create the ISO.
I'm not certain, but I think a long time ago, the "Save selections..." option didn't exist (or I didn't notice it, which is quite possible), because I've always kept a text file in my IFW folder with the license info (and other settings) to copy and paste into those fields.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
I think we are on different tracks. My first screen refers to when running TBWinRE. Prior to the makedisk step. When I run makedisk, I'm not asked for a name or key.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
My bad, I was thinking of creating the IFL.ISO, not TBWinRe.
When running TBWinRe, my Name and Product Key show up on the 3rd screen. Sorry for the confusion.
When running TBWinRe, my Name and Product Key show up on the 3rd screen. Sorry for the confusion.
Re: Recovery usb asks for license in restore mode
With IFL I have 2 ini files in the folder.
ifl.ini
BOOTITBM.INI
These can be selected by the wizard during the makedisk stage. Very convenient.
ifl.ini
BOOTITBM.INI
These can be selected by the wizard during the makedisk stage. Very convenient.