Therefore I was hesistant to use any imaging software that installs anything on my C: - I purchased the IFW bundle amd have IFD on a bootable USB, so great, no need to put any drivers, etc on my C:.
At critical places in the above I took images with IFD. Before installing Windows on my old laptop I did several trial restores of images using IFD as a test.
All worked well - IFD is "boring", works just as it says it will and just as I expected - great
Just a few questions:
With the first few backups I did (with the trial?) I thought I received a confirming popup when the backup finished. Now, and I have done probably half a dozen over the last 2 days, the data remaining reaches zero, the % reaches 100, and nothing, no popup and IFD fails to respond. I just switch off and back on, the backup or restore all seems to have completed ok.
If I do a backup that creates only one file, is this just a normal file, that can be moved, copied, renamed?