Then add Priority=x, x being 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.Hadron wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 amThat's already there.Mr.X wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:38 amBecause you have to edit ifw.ini file and add the line PHYLockUseReg=0 under [Options]Hadron wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:00 pm Yes, but changing it in the progress interface means you have to change it every single time. It doesn't remember for next time.
This way IFW bypasses the registry's settings.
By the way, does that PHYLock setting control more than just PHYLock?
IFW Process Priority | Below Normal
-
Bob Coleman
- Posts: 877
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm
Re: IFW Process Priority | Below Normal
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFW Process Priority | Below Normal
It controls the items on the phylock/vss tab (or what is shown in the manual for the [phylock_options] section (phylock/vss settings). vss didn't exist when phylock did.Hadron wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 am By the way, does that PHYLock setting control more than just PHYLock?
Re: IFW Process Priority | Below Normal
Yes, Bob. I mentioned Priority=x early in this thread.Bob Coleman wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:57 pmThen add Priority=x, x being 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.Hadron wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 amThat's already there.Mr.X wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:38 am
Because you have to edit ifw.ini file and add the line PHYLockUseReg=0 under [Options]
This way IFW bypasses the registry's settings.
By the way, does that PHYLock setting control more than just PHYLock?
I just thought that it may have been possible to add it to the GUI like some other backup applications that I've used.
I can live without it.
Last edited by Hadron on Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: IFW Process Priority | Below Normal
I understand that.TeraByte Support wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:41 pmIt controls the items on the phylock/vss tab (or what is shown in the manual for the [phylock_options] section (phylock/vss settings). vss didn't exist when phylock did.Hadron wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 am By the way, does that PHYLock setting control more than just PHYLock?
I was just curious and confused as to why a PHYLock setting was mentioned as a possible solution to setting CPU process priority.