Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
Synchronous command line execution?
Synchronous command line execution?
When started from the command line, IFW executes asynchronous, also the GUI is shown. Is there any better command line integration of IFW? I don't really care about the GUI, but running it synchronous or at least offering the possibility to execute some user-defined post image process script would be very useful. Currently I e.g. want to run 2 imaging tasks one after each other, is there any way to do this? Thank you 
Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
Re: Synchronous command line execution?
start /min /wait "" "C:\{path}\imagew.exe"
where {path} is the path to IFW.
The DOS Start command when used as above, will achieve what you want.
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:11:35 PDT, srynoname wrote:
>When started from the command line, IFW executes asynchronous, also the GUI is shown. Is there any better command line integration of IFW? I don't really care about the GUI, but running it synchronous or at least offering the possibility to execute some user-defined post image process script would be very useful. Currently I e.g. want to run 2 imaging tasks one after each other, is there any way to do this? Thank you
>
>
>
>Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
>
where {path} is the path to IFW.
The DOS Start command when used as above, will achieve what you want.
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:11:35 PDT, srynoname wrote:
>When started from the command line, IFW executes asynchronous, also the GUI is shown. Is there any better command line integration of IFW? I don't really care about the GUI, but running it synchronous or at least offering the possibility to execute some user-defined post image process script would be very useful. Currently I e.g. want to run 2 imaging tasks one after each other, is there any way to do this? Thank you
>
>
>
>Edit: I am also missing a possibility to read the error code due to the asynchronous execution ):
>
Re: Synchronous command line execution?
That seems to work great and I learned something new about the command line, thank you!
One question: Why do I need the "" before "C:\\imagew.exe"? I checked start /? but I couldn't find why?
One question: Why do I need the "" before "C:\\imagew.exe"? I checked start /? but I couldn't find why?
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Synchronous command line execution?
It's just a blank title for the command. If you don't include it the program thinks the path in the quotes is the title.
Code: Select all
START ["title"] [/D path] [/I] [/MIN] [/MAX] [/SEPARATE | /SHARED]
[/LOW | /NORMAL | /HIGH | /REALTIME | /ABOVENORMAL | /BELOWNORMAL]
[/NODE <NUMA node>] [/AFFINITY <hex affinity mask>] [/WAIT] [/B]
[command/program] [parameters]Re: Synchronous command line execution?
ah, ok, thank you. I missed this argument, somehow it looks like it would be optional, but I understand the problem with leaving it out.