Next I added an external slide in hot swap caddy in the bay under the DVD drive so I could do some experimenting. Came across some talk about Bootit and remembered it from days past. Quickly read up on the latest version and decided to give it a whirl. Installed it on a flash drive and rebooted into it. I wanted to install it onto the 1 Tb hard drive I had inserted into the hot swap caddy, but could not figure out how to do that and finally just let it decide there to install itself.
On the reboot after that it came up with a single entry in the menu, Windows 10. Boot into that as a test, worked fine. Rebooted to try and setup MX Linux, but I cannot get it setup in the boot menu. Keep saying it can't find the boot file. So I used the F12 menu on a restart and sure enough it boots into MX Linux just fine from there. I can also use the direct boot within Bootit to boot into MX Linux.
I'm pretty sure when Bootit UEFI installed itself, it did so on drive 0, which is the MX Linux drive. I'm sure that is part of the problem but being as I can direct boot into MX Linux, shouldn't I be able to setup a menu option for that OS?
I know I can just reinstall MX Linux, but I have it setup like I want it and should be able to use that I think. Any help appreciated.