> BIU can do everything that BIBM does with regard to booting multiple operating
> systems.
What I particularly like about BIBM is its EMBR concept. It allows you to hide completely one operating system from another. Provided that you use 1 MiB filler partitions to ensure that there are no unused entries in the MBR(s), this is very nearly 100% safe. (There is one circumstance where overwriting could occur, but so far I have never seen that happen with any release of Windows.)
BIBM has a "Hide" setting for a partition, and I would expect that BIU does too, but as far as I know, all that happens is that a bit flag is switched "on" somewhere in the MBR or EFI. It is entirely up to the booted OS to decide whether it is going to obey the setting of that bit flag, or trample all over the "hidden" partitions in the belief that it has a god-given right to do so. Do you trust Microsoft to obey the setting of the bit flag? I don't.
Brian K wrote:
> It can restore a metadata image of a fresh Win10 installation in 2 seconds.
Crikey!
-- from CyberSimian in the UK